[Diggers350] Parliament committee snubs democracy in Localism Bill

mm at iniref.org mm at iniref.org
Mon Jun 20 12:05:13 BST 2011

Hallo Stuart,
Thanks, we circulated news about the recent Italian referenda in the run
up period to the ballot -- comment was invited at
http://iniref.wordpress.com/

That said, with growing importance of democratic participation in UK, a
lack of high quality public information, especially about direct
democracy, shows up. Along with campaigning for reform (as at
iniref.org) I am interested in finding a way to develop serious study,
beginning with documentation, of direct democratic procedures and
events. A new "institute for democracy studies" or "democracy and
citizenry" ?

Would you like to discuss the pro-active and/or academic aspects of this?

Regards,
Michael Macpherson

Dr. Michael Macpherson
Psycho-Social and Medical Research PSAMRA ~ Integral Studies
Guildford and Berlin

Founder
I&R ~ GB Citizens' Initiative and Referendum
Campaign for direct democracy in Britain
http://www.iniref.org/