[Diggers350] River Lea Houseboaters being 'socially cleansed' from Olympics area

Lilia Patterson liliapatterson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 20:47:10 GMT 2011

Raising mooring prices from £600 to £7000 is extortion.

quote from solicitor's firm website below:

  "Extortion is  similar to blackmail. It involves obtaining money,
property or services from  another through threats of physical harm:
“pay up or else” is an example.  Protection rackets are a form of
extortion. Blackmail and  extortion can range from the low level example given
 above, to cases involving  political figures involved in bribery and
organised crime. All cases are dealt  with only in the Crown Court. The
maximum sentence is 14 years".http://www.marymonson.co.uk/blackmail.php

Threatening people with forcible eviction is also against international laws and human rights.
These are the relevant international laws explained from the UN High Commission for Human Rights:
http://www.unhchr.ch/tbs/doc.nsf/0/959f71e476284596802564c3005d8d50?Opendocument