Fw: [Imc-london] CALL-OUT: Take action against arms company running 2011 census

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 12:41:20 GMT 2011

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: gdm <gdm at fifthhorseman.net>
To: imc-london at lists.indymedia.org
Sent: Tue, 15 March, 2011 10:31:36
Subject: [Imc-london] CALL-OUT: Take action against arms company running 2011
census

**PLEASE SEND THIS ROUND TO EVERYONE YOU CAN**

The government has paid Lockheed Martin, the world's largest arms company, £150m
to collect our data in the 2011 census.

Surprised? Outraged? You're not alone. /Count Me Out/ is raising awareness about
Lockheed's involvement in the census, and the number of actions taking place
against it.

Join in the days of online action on Friday 18th March and local action on
Saturday 19th March:

  * FRIDAY 17TH MARCH: Take part in the day of e-action . If they want our
information - LET 'EM HAVE IT!
  * SATURDAY 18TH MARCH: Join in the national day of action. Organise a local
action to spread the word about Lockheed Martin's involvement in the census.

1. "LET 'EM HAVE IT" E-ACTION DAY

FRIDAY 18TH MARCH

So the UK subsidiary of the world's biggest arms company is helping to run the
2011 census: If they want our information - let 'em have it!

On Friday 18th March, just over a week before 'census day', people across the
country will be flooding Lockheed Martin UK's email with information about
themselves and their day.

Starting at 9am with "what I had for breakfast" and finishing at 5pm, people
will be regularly updating Lockheed about all aspects of their day. Let people
know what you've emailed by joining in the Twitter storm. Tweet @lockheedmartin,
and we're using the hashtags #letemhaveit #2011census #countmeout.

WHO TO CONTACT?
CONTACT LOCKHEED MARTIN UK VIA THE DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS AT
CHRIS.TRIPPICK at LMCO.COM.

Find out more here.

2. NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION AGAINST LOCKHEED MARTIN

SATURDAY 19TH MARCH

Organise a local action and spread the word about Lockheed Martin's involvement
in the census. From organising actions at local Lockheed offices; to leafleting
in town centres; to sending alternative census forms to friends and organising
census parties, people will be taking action against Lockheed Martin.

Find out more here.

Lockheed Martin are best known for producing cluster munitions, Britain's
Trident nuclear system and selling weapons to Bahrain and F-16s to Israel.

By paying Lockheed Martin UK to help run the census, taxpayers' money is being
used to fund an industry that profits from conflict and war.

'Count Me Out' is raising awareness about Lockheed's involvement in the census
and providing information about actions taking place against it.

www.countmeout.me.uk

Twitter: @countme_out

Email: info at countmeout.me.uk

Tel: 07597 622047