Chris Busby challenges George Monbiot to TV nuke debate

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Mar 29 12:42:32 BST 2011

Nuclear Expert Calls Global Warming Alarmist Monbiot "Criminally
Irresponsible" For Downplaying Fukushima

Dr. Christopher Busby calls Monbiot's claims "total nonsense,"
challenges British environmentalist to television debate
http://www.prisonplanet.com/nuclear-expert-calls-global-warming-alarmist-monbiot-criminally-irresponsible-for-downplaying-fukushima.html

Paul Joseph Watson - <http://www.prisonplanet.com/../>Prison
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/../>Planet.com - Monday, March 28, 2011

Prominent nuclear and radiation expert Dr. Christopher Busby has
slammed British global warming alarmist George Monbiot as being
"criminally irresponsible" for writing a series of articles for the
Guardian in which Monbiot downplays the threat of radiation from the
stricken Fukushima nuclear plant in a bid to shore up his claims
about man-made climate change being a far deadlier concern.

In the wake of Fukushima, we have seen numerous self-proclaimed
environmentalists who are normally so quick to raise the alarm about
devastation caused by man-made global warming, actually downplaying
the environmental concerns attached to the Fukushima crisis,
radiation, and nuclear power in general.

Chief amongst them is prominent British environmentalist George
Monbiot, who in an article for the London Guardian last week
entitled,
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/mar/21/pro-nuclear-japan-fukushima>Why
Fukushima made me stop worrying and love nuclear power, wrote that
critics of how Fukushima is being handled had, "wildly exaggerated
the dangers of radioactive pollution".

"As a result of the disaster at Fukushima, I am no longer
nuclear-neutral. I now support the technology," added Monbiot.

Monbiot's bizarre nuclear "kool-aid" moment was perhaps written in
haste at a time when he believed Japanese claims that the crisis was
diminishing. But in the past few days, the situation at Fukushima has
worsened considerably. Officials hastily retracted numbers yesterday
which suggested that radiation levels in the containment building of
reactor number 2
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-reactor-2-radiation-10-million-times-above-safe-level/>were
an astounding 10 million times above normal. In addition, water
purifications plants across Japan
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/81334.html>have
been told to stop taking in rainwater as radiation levels in the
atmosphere continue to rise.

Monbiot's rhetoric is a stark reminder that many leading
environmentalists don't give a damn about real threats to the
environment, preferring instead to spend all their time obsessing
about carbon dioxide emissions and thinking up new ways to exploit
global warming fearmongering as a means of controlling every aspect
of our lives.

While weaving terrorizing scenarios about man-made climate change
making whole areas of the planet uninhabitable, most notably the
island of Tuvulu,
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_more_to_tuvalu_than_the_alarmists_claimed/>which
global warming alarmists already claim has been abandoned due to
rising sea levels when in fact its population has doubled in the past
three decades, alarmists like Monbiot don't seem to be too fussed
when real environmental catastrophes like Chernobyl really do make
entire regions uninhabitable.

Indeed, others have gone even further.
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/http://www.infowars.com/lets-send-ann-coulter-to-fukushima/>Columnist
Ann Coulter appeared on Fox News to ludicrously proclaim that
exposure to radiation was "good for you". Given that she's so
enamored with the apparent health benefits of radioactive fallout,
which
<http://www.prisonplanet.com/../harmless-chernobyl-radiation-killed-nearly-one-million-people.html>new
studies blame for nearly a million cancer deaths in the 25 years
since Chernobyl, we offered to send Coulter on an all-expenses paid
holiday to Fukushima. We've not heard back from her.

Monbiot's father, Raymond Geoffrey Monbiot, was the deputy chairman
of the Conservative Party and Chairman of the National Convention.
His mother Rosalie, the elder daughter of Roger Gresham Cooke, M.P.
is a Conservative councillor who led South Oxford district council
for a decade.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Monbiot#Family>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Monbiot#Family

Raymond Monbiot was behind rule changes to exclude party members from
voting for the leader
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4220346.stm>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4220346.stm

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung