2011 National Housing Conference, June, Yorkshire

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri May 13 13:49:27 BST 2011

National Housing Conference - yes it's expensive
but you could always gatecrash it
Harrogate, North Yorkshire -  on the 21-23 of June 2011

The pace of change in the housing world since the
coalition government took office in May has been
breathtaking. An administration eager for reform
has left no stone unturned – regulation,
investment and the income of social landlords have all been affected.
http://www.cihhousing.com/

The real implications of the CSR will take some
time to emerge, but will fundamentally change the
sector.  Eight months on from the CSR, the CIH
Annual Conference, 21– 23 June 2011, will provide
the opportunity for the sector to come together
to examine what the changes really mean and to
evaluate how the sector has responded:
How can we fund and build the 150,000 homes the government wants?
What impact will changes in the welfare and
benefit system have on our organisations and our customers?
How can we be more productive and deliver more with less?
Do shared services really offer the level of efficiencies needed?
What are the most successful ways to implement transformational change?
What is the future of housing in the Big Society?

Building on the success of the Housing Pact
presented to the Housing Minister at the
conclusion of the 2010 conference, delegates’
voices will be heard at CIH2011 culminating in a
sector-wide statement, setting out our priorities
of and for the sector and the support we need
from the government to deliver these.

With a streamlined, focused and interactive
format – and more speakers and sessions than any
other UK housing event - CIH Conference 2011 will
provide a valuable three days of debate, helping
you and your organisation to do more than just
survive in these challenging times.

With such fundamental and wide reaching change,
it has never been more important to come together
to learn, share and explore solutions. We hope
that you’ll join us in Harrogate on the 21-23 of
June 2011 to develop and deliver a collective,
dynamic message both to Government and all those
involved in improving housing and communities.

Download the latest conference programme information.

http://www.cihhousing.com/Journals/10/Files/2011/4/4/%20CIH_Conference_Preview_2011A.pdf

+44 (0)7786 952037
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry/
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung