[Diggers350] CIA's 'Vengeful Librarians' Monitor Twitter, Facebook

Ram Selva seeds at snail.org.uk
Sun Nov 6 08:43:15 GMT 2011

Hi,

Social Media Campaigners who do not question Facebook and/or Twitter
are nothing but self serving idiots.
Social Media itself is nothing new. Its just an attempted enclosure of
our digital futures through terminology.

This 'exclusive' by AP is interesting in that it sneaks in the
following nonsense...

'Since tweets can't necessarily be pegged to a geographic location ...'
!
What nonsense!

I believe there is an attempt article is to market Twitter (as the
means to whatever they term that has been coined together to describe
short messages sent using the WWW application).

It is interesting to note that the CIA using the words 'Open Source'
originally coined to describe Free (as in Freedom) software as big
businesses couldn't stomach any notions of freedoms (sometime in early
nineties).
It seems accurate terminology does matter a lot in describing software.

Ram