Luddites200 November update, benefit gig

Ned Ludd tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Nov 10 00:22:41 GMT 2011

Dear friends,

The main Luddites200 event this month is our
benefit gig, on November 24th, featuring Boff
Whalley and Phil Moody from Chumbawamba, Theo
Simon from Seize The Day, Gary Kaye and others
(see below for details).  We REALLY need you to
help us publicise the gig, so we actually make
some money to do our events next year.  So please
help us by doing at least one of the following:
    * Invite all your friends, either by e-mail
(including lists that you belong
to),<https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=294964933855664>Facebook
if you use it, Twitter, etc.
    * If you live in or near Leeds, help us to
distribute flyers - contact us if you can help in this way.
    * Let us know of any opportunities for media
coverage, eg. journalists, local radio shows etc that you know of.
Here is the gig information:

Benefit gig
Celebrate the Luddites' 200th anniversary!

Thursday Nov 24th 2011 7-11pm
TJs Pub* 121 Woodhouse St, Leeds LS6 2JH

Boff Whalley Phil Moody (Chumbawamba)
Theo Simon (Seize the Day)
Gary Kaye
Three Sheets T’ Wind
Raphael Attar Variety Hour
Dan Audio
Docterre

Tickets £6, £4 concessions on the door
Book online £5 at http://luddites200blog.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=294964933855664

www.luddites200.org.uk luddites200 at yahoo.co.uk

Catch Luddites200 at The Leeds Summat Nov 26th!

Blog

Our blog is now live at at
luddites200blog.org.uk/, so check it out,
comment, link it to your own blog, tweet, etc.

Enoch has made them, Enoch shall break them!

As you'll see on the blog, a kind blacksmith has
made us a replica ‘Enoch Hammer' used by the
Yorkshire Luddites to smash shearing frames. Its
massive!  We have plans to raffle a chance to
smash something with it, maybe at the gig, so if
you are just itching to create some mayhem, now's your chance.

Forthcoming workshops

Don't miss the following workshops, coming up in the next month.

November 26th             Raise Your Banners
Festival, Bradford (www.raiseyourbanners.org/),
Workshop by Theo Simon on Luddite songs.

Luddites200 workshop at Leeds Summat (http://www.summat.org/).
December 1st             The Idler Academy,
London: workshop by Theo Simon (http://idler.co.uk/).
December 3rd             Luddites200 workshop at
<http://www.underthepavement.org/bookfair>Manchester Anarchist Bookfair

November 4th events

We held successful events on November 4th, (the
anniversary of the first Luddite attack at
Bulwell near Nottingham) in London and Nottingham.

The Nottingham event was covered by BBC Radio
Nottingham and the Nottingham Post, as well as a
radio stations. The attached file has the
Nottingham coverage, our response to the silly
editorial is
<http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Nottingham-Post-comment-Build-progress/story-13753355-detail/story.html>here.
We will surely have audio recordings of the talks
at the meeting, which will be on our website.

The London event featured two films, The Luddites
and New Technology, Whose Progress?  We can post
these to you for home viewing on DVD for £3, or
free if you show them to two other people.  Send
a cheque payable to Human Genetics Alert (a
friendly organisation whose bank account we’re
using) to 22B St Kilda’s Rd, London N16 5BZ.

Donate!

We now have a Paypal account that allows you to
donate online, or you can send us a cheque, as above.

Housmans Peace Diary 2012

We have done a special 16 page feature for the
Housmans Peace Diary, and can send you a copy for
£6 (a 33% discount).  We also have copies of the
special issue of The Land magazine on the Luddites, for £2.