US corporate lobbyists on UK shale gas prognosis

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Wed Oct 19 22:11:49 BST 2011

US-based corporate lobbyists ReedSmith have just produced a digest on how they
see the UK shale gas situation developing. Reed Smith LLP
{http://www.reedsmith.com/} is a global law firm, with more than 1,600 lawyers
in 23 offices throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
The firm is known for its activity in advising companies across a broad array
of industry sectors including: financial services, life sciences, health care,
advertising, technology and media, shipping, energy trade and commodities,
real estate, manufacturing and education.

My favourite paragraph from their review:
"Given the UK's size and relatively crowded state, it seems likely that the
industry will face a strong environmental lobby against shale gas exploration
and production. For many decades the UK has experienced protests to
infrastructure projects. Such pressure groups have previously successfully
defeated planning applications for wind turbine installation and have resorted
to mass protest to block controversial road building."

Let's make their claims come true?!!

You can find the full report at --
http://www.reedsmith.com/publications.cfm?cit_id=32485&widCall1=customWidgets.content_view_1&usecache=false

P.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc