The American who quit money to live in a cave

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Thu Apr 19 04:05:19 BST 2012

Unfortunately not many caves in North Oxfordshire... or "BLM land" that
citizens have a right to camp on -- e.g. see
http://freesleeping.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/free%2Dsleeping%2Don%2Dpublic%2Dland.html
 :-(

P.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17762033

VIDEO: The American who quit money to live in a cave

BBC News, 19th April 2012

Daniel Suelo lives in caves in the canyonlands of Utah. He survives by
harvesting wild foods and eating roadkill.

He has no job, no bank account and does not accept government welfare. In
fact, Suelo has no money at all.

Suelo may have shunned all the trappings of modern American life, but he is
not an isolationist.

Since abandoning money in 2000, the former cook from Moab, Utah has
remained an active member of his community and avid blogger.

Mark Sundeen, author of The Man Who Quit Money, admits many people would
regard Suelo's alternative lifestyle as bizarre. But the 2008 financial
crash has led many to question the value of money. He explains some of the
lessons found in Suelo's philosophy.

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc