Positive Money revolutionary job going

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 18:06:51 BST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Positive Money <info at positivemoney.org.uk>
To: Alison <alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, 25 April 2012, 17:37
Subject: We’re Hiring - Can You Help?

Dear Alison,
We’re looking for the next full-time member of the Positive Money team. Can you help us to find them, or to fund the work they will do?
There’s massive ignorance about where money comes from, how much of it is created, and where that money goes when it’s been created (into small businesses? - or into housing bubbles and derivatives?). We count about 6 MPs who actually understand how banks create money, and sadly the position amongst economists is no better. Of course, most of the public still believe (naturally) that only the government is allowed to create money, and don’t understand that our huge debt mountain is a result of letting banks create money.
So our focus for the next 12 months is to change this situation. And the best way of doing this is to use video, graphics and the internet to get the message out to as many people as possible in a way that they can understand. Get the message and the medium right, and we can reach hundreds of thousands, or even millions. To give you an idea of how powerful video can be, the ‘Story of Stuff’ videos have been watched over 2 million times, other documentaries have been watched over 16 million times and the controversial Kony 2012 has been watched 88 million times!
We’re looking for a creative genius who can use video, graphics and the internet to help us reach hundreds of thousands of people.
We know exactly what we need to do and have all the equipment and software. But at the moment we just don’t have enough time to produce videos, even though there’s so much more we want to do. So now we’re looking for someone to focus on this area and speed up the campaign.
Help us find the next member of the team
We need your help with two things, either to:
	1. Help us find this person, or
	2. Help us make sure they get paid! (See below)
You can copy the following text and send it to your friends (or just forward this whole email):
Positive Money is looking for an all-round creative computer whizz to join the team and help fix the financial system. This person’s mission will be to find a way of using video, infographics and the web to educate a few million people about the flaws in our debt-based monetary system, in an entertaining and compelling way.
Look at the full job description and application page here. Please do forward this to friends or friends of friends who might be interested - Positive Money needs to find the right person for the job.
Why This is So Important:
Are you one of the people who have read "Where Does Money Come From?" but wished there was a simple series of videos that would explain the monetary system in plain English? Or wished there were more short videos that would help your friends and family understand what was wrong with the idea of letting banks create all the nation’s money as debt? Are you concerned that most economics students are taught a story about banking that hasn’t applied for 30 years, and that some of these students then go on to become advisors to the Treasury and the FSA - with the results that we’ve seen over the last 5 years?
With someone dedicated to producing videos, infographics and better educational materials, we can reach more people in more accessible and entertaining ways. We can provide accurate training for economics students who are tired of learning the same old outdated nonsense at university. We can help everyone to understand the current money system and the impact it has on our lives.
The truth is that the only way of reaching as many people as we need to is through video, so getting the resources to produce videos is crucial to the success of the campaign. And this means that we need to be able to pay appropriately so that the new team member can dedicate their energies full-time to the campaign.
Commit to a Monthly Donation Now & RH Southern Trust will Double Your Donation!
The R H Southern Trust offered to match all monthly donations set up before the end of May, for the next 12 months. That means that if you donate £10 a month by direct debit or standing order,the RH Southern Trust will donate an additional £120 to Positive Money,doubling your donation!

The R H Southern Trust was instrumental in helping us get set up back in 2010 and have supported us ever since, even when most of the bigger trusts have been reluctant to take a risk on something as fundamental as the monetary system.

   Set Up a Donation in Just 3 Minutes >>>

What If You’re Already Donating?
We don’t hassle our supporters for ever greater donations (we’ll never call you up whilst you’re having dinner!). However, the RHSouthern will also match any increased monthly donations, so if you increase your donation now by £5, it’ll be worth an extra £10 a month to Positive Money for the next 12 months. You can increase your donation by emailing mira at positivemoney.org.uk or replying to this email.

Get a Free DVD of New Documentary 97% Owned When You Donate!
Everyone who sets up a new monthly donation or increases their donation before 31st May will receive a DVD of the new documentary 97% Owned, which will be released on 1st May. The documentary will be released online so that it can be seen by as many people as possible, which means there’ll only ever be a limited number of these DVDs available.

We hope you will be able to help us, either by spreading the job description to anyone you know who might have an interest, or by making a donation (which will be doubled) to help us fund them.
Set Up a Donation in Just 3 Minutes >>>

Thanks for your support,

Ben Dyson, Mira Tekelova, Andrew Jackson and our volunteer team.

View email in your browser | Unsubscribe | Update your profile | Forward to a friend
Copyright (C) 2012 Positive Money All rights reserved.
We're sending this to you because you signed up at www.positivemoney.org.uk or at one of our former sites (eg. Bank of England Act or OneGoodCut)

Positive Money
205 Davina House
137-149 Goswell RoadLondon, - EC1V 7ET
United KingdomAdd us to your address book