Food Sovereignty Day: Reclaiming our food system

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Aug 12 20:35:41 BST 2012

Food Sovereignty Day: Reclaiming our food system
http://www.waronwant.org/news/press-releases/17474-food-sovereignty-day-reclaiming-our-food-system

The present food system is clearly unsustainable.
A number of extremely powerful corporations have
transformed the production and distribution of
food into a money-making activity under the blind
eye of governments and international institutions.

In this short film War on Want presents the views
of our partners from La Vía Campesina, on how an
alternative food system can be developed under
the principles of food sovereignty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhwwdQnfVYg

The film was recorded during the international
food sovereignty day organised by War on Want in
the Houses of Parliament. In this day,
representatives from social movements from the
South, activists, small-scale farmers, Members of
the UK Parliament and campaigners from theUK,
gathered to exchange experiences and to build the food sovereignty movement.

To read more about our partners and food
sovereignty check at
http://www.waronwant.org/overseas-work/17394-food-sovereignty-report

You can also share the film with friends and
colleagues on Facebook and Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.waronwant.org/overseas-work/informal-economy/hide/watch/16937-film-kick-out-world-cup-poverty
http://twitter.com/home?status=Kick%20out%20%23WorldCup%20poverty!%20Watch%20a%20new%20film%20from%20@WarOnWant%20on%20deplorable%20living%20conditions%20in%20South%20Africa%E2%80%99s%20settlements%20http//ow.ly/1WLvT
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6