Forest Of Dean Environment Centre must not close - Call from the Wilderness

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Jan 31 16:23:43 GMT 2012

Call from the Wilderness

Here in the Forest Of Dean we are trying to find our way home. How
did we come to dwell here in the wilderness? For over 40 years the
wilderness has been a pioneering environmental education centre. Then
last year Gloucestershire county council decided that it was no
longer in the public interest to sustain the centre. Better value for
the taxpayer to sell it to the highest bidder? We disagree. We
believe that education is the greatest source of wealth in our
communities. Surely the exploitation of our environment can only be
driven by ignorance. Education is our greatest tool in the struggle
against exploitation.

The council seem to think otherwise. The county council, or in their
words "the powers that be" think we are homeless. Travellers,
squatters they tell us to move on. They want us out of here. We don't
belong here. They tell us we have no right to be here. They've set
their wolves to prowl around the grounds locking things down. They
want our names and previous addresses. They don't trust us. They are
concerned about health and safety. The public are a liability. We
tried to talk about responsibility. We tried to assure them that we
fully comprehend the implications of a compost toilet. But they are doubtful.

Exactly who is bewildered?

We came here on the first full moon of the year with the intention of
creating an environmental education centre to disclose a process of
learning the skills and techniques required to move towards a home
founded upon the principles of economic self-sufficiency and
ecological sustainability.

To be a force of resolution we need people to join us. Decisive
people who understand the consequences of there actions. Committed,
hard working people. We need people with a respect for food. We need
gardeners and growers who can cultivate the ideas that have been sown
in our soil by the differing schools of permaculture and
bio-dynamics. Who know how let these ideas grow organically. We need
people with the determination to dig. Reflective people who look for
their reflection in others. People who can practice the hospitality
of the guest. People who do not wait for others to make necessary changes.

Here in the wilderness we make ourselves at home. You are welcome.

http://www.reclaimthefields.org.uk/2012/01/12/news-from-the-forest-of-dean/

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
<http://www.elementary.org.uk>www.elementary.org.uk
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6