Bilderberg 2012: technocrats rising

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Jun 1 01:20:34 BST 2012

Bilderberg 2012: the technocrats are rising at this year's annual conference
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/may/30/bilderberg-2012-technocrats-are-rising
Our man at Bilderberg is back for a fourth year
and has touched down in Chantilly for the 2012
gathering. The shadowy elite leaders' conference
starts tomorrow, so what's on the agenda?
Dutch Queen Beatrix arrives at the 2010
Bilderberg conference in Sitges, Spain. Photograph: Nero Angelo
It's all change at Bilderberg this year, with a
new chairman, new media and Occupy Bilderberg knocking at the gates.
Everything's set. The hotel is being primped and
hoovered, the security is arriving, the press is
nowhere to be seen, and I just had a really
boring crab salad. It's shaping up to be a vintage Bilderberg.
We were lunching in the Palm Court restaurant of
the Westfields Marriott hotel, in Chantilly,
Virginia. A few days from now, this hotel will be
dripping with billionaires and bankers, industry
CEOs and finance ministers, here for the annual
Bilderberg summit. "The leaders of the world are
coming to our hotel", beams one member of staff. "Are you here for the brunch?"
We are. Most of the other guests have left by
now. The hotel is edging towards lockdown. All
that's left is a team of nervy conference
organizer who start filming us with their
iPhones, several dozen security operatives, me,
my wife and a really rather boring 'spook', brunching on an adjacent table.
He droned on for the full length of a crab salad
about his "internal and external drivers", about
how "I got a panel of three-star admirals
together" to secure a "$30m contract" and how
"CACI excels in capture management".
He talked fondly of CACI International Inc (a
giant defense contractor), although more recently
he's had "a nice success rate with Booz Allen"
(another giant defense contractor). His world was
the deathly dull blur between the federal
government and private defense corporations. The
grim feeding trough of "systems solutions",
"security logistics" and "mission assurance". My
crab ended just as he was declaring, wisely:
"When you leave the navy and you go to a
contractor, you say: what's my mission?"
His mission for the next week or so is to keep
the queen of the Netherlands, the chairman of
Barclays, and the chairman, vice-chairman and CEO
of Shell Oil safe and sound for a three-day
conference. The hotel is encircled by the offices
of the world's largest arms' manufacturers, 15
minutes up the road from the headquarters of the CIA. I suspect they'll be OK.
Welcome to Chantilly: a little bit of paradise on
earth. Photograph: Charlie Skelton for the Guardian
The Bilderberg conference was last here in
Chantilly, at the exact same godforsaken spot,
back in 2008 – which, like 2012, was a US
election year, and the moment the current
economic woes really started hitting the fan. You
might remember, it was the year when
then-senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton
paid a flying visit to Bilderberg (aka 'an event
in northern Virginia'), after shaking off the
press pack during the Democratic presidential campaign. AP had the story:
"Reporters travelling with Obama sensed something
might be happening between the pair might when
they arrived at Dulles International Airport
after an event in northern Virginia and Obama was not aboard the airplane."
You can watch the hilarious footage of Robert
Gibbs, Obama's press secretary, trying (and
failing) to placate a furious press corp, who
found themselves tricked aboard a flight to
Chicago. "Others had a desire to meet with him in
a private way," he explains. This is an
extraordinary admission from Gibbs – "others"
clicked their fingers, and Obama came running, with Hillary in tow.
Bill Clinton was introduced to the political big
league at Bilderberg 1991. The man who introduced
him was Vernon Jackson, a lawyer, civil rights
activist and currently board member of Lazard
investment bank. Speaking last year about the occasion, Jackson recalls:
"In 1991, I took Bill Clinton to the Bilderberg
meetings in Baden Baden, Germany. Bilderberg
meetings have been going on since 1954, sort of
the North-American / European Alliance."
Later, after Clinton won the election:
"The steering committee of Bilderberg came to
Washington in January, and I called the president
up and I said 'Mr President, they're here' – and
he came to the Four Seasons hotel, and the
Europeans felt like they owned him because they
met him when he was totally unknown."
That's interesting: a meeting of the Bilderberg
steering committee at the Four Seasons in
Washington? In January? But according to
Bilderberg's official website, "Bilderberg's only
activity is its annual conference".
As for this year's election, rumours are already
circulating about Bilderberg and presidential
running mates, sparked off by a Washington Post
report back in April on the matter of Republican
senator Marco Rubio's speech at the Summit of the Americas:
"[John] Edwards gave a speech in June 2004 at the
Bilderberg conference that was widely credited as
one reason John Kerry chose him."
Aside from the US presidency, the big debate of
Bilderberg 2012 is likely to be: what in Hades do
we do about Greece? The Eurozone is Bilderberg's
biggest project, but it's been looking distinctly
shaky of late. What's to be done? You can feel
the unwillingness of Bilderberg to countenance a
'Grexit' in the stern words of Bilderberg
spokesperson, the UK member of parliament for
Rushcliffe, Kenneth Clarke. To leave the Euro,
says Clarke, would be "disastrous" for the
Greeks. "If they get a hopeless lot of rather
cranky extremists elected at the next election
then they will default on their debt." Clarke
took the time to brand eurosceptic British MPs
"right-wing nationalists", and euroscepticism itself "irresponsible".
Clarke's most telling remark is that: "It's going
to take a crisis, an absolute crisis, to make
Europe's leaders act." This week's Economist
magazine agrees: "For the past six decades, steps
forward to greater European union have taken
place at moments of incipient crisis."
"A consensus is slowly emerging that, whether a
Greek exit is to be averted or weathered, there
will have to be a greater level of integration in
the euro zone, with tighter constraints on the
freedom of national governments."
This message, that out of the struggle will come
a new strength, seems to be the Bilderbergian
line. For example, EU Commissioner Joaquin
Almunia (whom we spotted at Bilderberg 2010) says
we need now to "reinforce the European
Parliament's role" which "will also strengthen
the role of the [EU] Commission". So his solution
to the crisis: "I need a bigger office."
The Economist says that if the "elite venture" of
Europe is to survive and thrive, "Europe's
elites" have got their work cut out. It ventures
to give the elites some "unashamedly
technocratic" advice on how to forge their closer
union, but it needn't worry, the technocrats of
Bilderberg seems to have the matter in hand.
Mario Monti (unelected Italian PM, Bilderberg
steering committee) said this week: "Europe can have euro bonds soon."
But we're not in Europe now, we're in Chantilly,
and the CIA is just up the road from the
conference venue, so protestors had better stay
on their best behaviour. And we're expecting
plenty of them – gathering under the activist umbrella: "Occupy Bilderberg"
What a difference a year makes. Occupy
Bilderberg? I love it. The Occupy movement seems
finally to have realised that the problem isn't
the 1%, it's the 0.001%. It's the guys and gals
and whatever David Rockefeller is who are meeting
in Chantilly, Virginia, at the end of the week.
Many hundreds of protestors have pledged to show
up. And who knows, they may just manage to drag
the mainstream news media with them.
Historically, one of the biggest problems people
have had with Occupy is that its aims and demands
have been a little, shall we say, "diffuse". Not
the case with Occupy Bilderberg. That's the nail
getting hit squarely on the head. Occupy
Bilderberg is keyhole activism. Picking the exact
right spot and sticking the scissors in.
"We refuse to pay for the banks' crisis" was the
cry from OccupyLSX back in the autumn. They
demanded an end to "our democracy representing
corporations instead of the people." What
Bilderberg represents is the fact that our
democracy IS our corporations. And politics is
just the wake behind a shark fin.
Time to go fishing.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6