Conference countdown begins

Nicole Vosper nicolevosper at gmx.com
Mon Jun 25 14:20:47 BST 2012

The countdown to the Incredible Edible Somerset Conference taking place
on Saturday 14th July has started! Make sure you get your booking in
soon. Places on our practical workshops are going fast.

Join us for:

*A presentation by the brilliant Mary Clear of Incredible Edible
Todmorden who have planted veg all over their Yorkshire town from fire
stations to hospitals. Watch a video of her on the BBC News here:
http://youtu.be/daeflWMjABA <http://youtu.be/daeflWMjABA>

*Farm tours & practical workshops on Pollytunnel Growing at the
Torganics Market Garden as well as how to care for your soil workshop.

*Access to Land 101 - get over an hour with our access to land experts
in whatever area interests you most - starting allotments with Allan
Cavill from the National Society of Allotment & Leisure Gardeners,
accessing land from public landowners with Mary Clear, community
supported agriculture schemes, community gardens and more with the
Community Land Advisory Service. There is no such thing as a silly
question!

*Skilling Up Somerset - interested in land and food related training?
Fancy being part of a future training coop or growing mentor scheme in
Somerset? Now is your chance to give your feedback, talk to others
working in education and more looking at how we can re-learn the skills
we need to grow food locally.

*Growing change - are you involved in community work in Somerset? Want
to know the facts about food poverty locally and what we can do about
it? Interested in therapeutic horticulture? Want to share best practice
& ideas of how to overcome the challenges we're facing?

*How can we build a local food movement in Somerset - where next for the
growing local food network? What can we do in our communities? What
needs to happen now? Listen to ideas from across Somerset & beyond,
including from successful groups in London & Bristol and have a  chance
to be part of the discussion.

For more information about the day see here:
http://www.somersetcommunityfood.org.uk/index.php?page=summer-conference
<http://www.somersetcommunityfood.org.uk/index.php?page=summer-conferenc\
e>

BOOK NOW HERE: