BBC bias

james armstrong james36armstrong at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 23:13:23 BST 2012

sent to Farming Today.

From: james36armstrong at hotmail.com
To: farmingtoday at bbc.co.uk
Subject: commercial interest groups on FT.
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:10:55 +0000

There is a  frequent presence of this programme of commercial interest groups without declaring theirinterest.
Most common on air is NFU- an interest group lobbying for  landowners whether  corporations agribusinesses or individuals (calling themselves farmers).

(I calculate 50,000 NFU members receive £1billion in CAP payments from your listeners each year ie like BBC,  from thepublic purse.  Your readers dont know this but FT should and therefore declare this interest and  ration NFU on air.

CLBA aremajor landowners.    Kevin Cahill estimates that  1 % of British people control 60 % of UK land. CLBA are among the1%.
CPRE are conservative and Conservative, usually  well spoken people with deep pockets.
Their members are part of the  1%

On discussing the new planning regulation  the latter two groups were interviewed.
Your correpsondent did not ask them whether they were house needy.I think I know what the answer would be.
Neither were they asked how they would solve the housing crisis for the  1 million plus.

Cathy, Patricia,  Ronald and  Englebert are  among the  99 % who own no land .There are some 60 million people in Britain who own no bulk land.  The four are also houseneedy and among the  estmated 1 million who  are in housing need .   (Some thousands of their  houseneedy friends are farm workers . FT never seeks their views on farm matters. How strange is that?

Can FT please give me advance notice when these four people, and the one million who are also in housing need will be interviewed on FT?

Please forward this comment to  BBC Complaints and  request a substantive answer.

James  Armstrong