Fri27-Sun29Jul - DARLINGTON - Reclaim the Fields Gathering

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat May 12 12:45:33 BST 2012

Please forward to relevant networks. Tks.
Tony

Details confirmed for next Reclaim the Fields Gathering
Posted on 05/04/2012 by reclaimer
http://www.reclaimthefields.org.uk/2012/04/05/details-confirmed-for-next-reclaim-the-fields-gathering/

Reclaim the Fields have now confirmed that we can
host a RTF gathering
here:  http://www.clervaux.org.uk on the weekend of July 27th, 28th & 29th.
Clow Beck Eco Centre, Jolby Lane, Croft-on-Tees, DL2 2TF

We will have a large field for camping – to large
rooms for workshops as well as access to the bio dynamic farm on site.

Intro: The Clervaux Trust is a place for troubled, disaffected and disabled
young people to reconnect with the land and society through
hand-based, experiential learning.  They get to try their hands at
pottery, blacksmithing, greenwoodwork, cooking, gardening, animal
work, woodland management, felting, weaving, building, and baking at
the Clervaux bakery in town.

All the crafts and work are based on the 100 acre
farm 5 miles out of town, with 6.5 acres under
fruit and veg cultivation and the rest under
grass and clover – slowly refertilising the
chemical battered soil.  Some of the fields are
grazed by a flock of sheep and we also have chickens, pigs and goats.

All the land is worked biodynamically – which in
a very small nutshell is pretty much the same as
organic but extends the environment a little
further into the cosmos
we can tell you more about it at the gathering!

Location: We are just outside the riverside village of Croft-on-Tees, 5 miles
south of Darlington. Darlo has fantastic train links to almost
everywhere (except south Cumbria and north Lancs). It is an easy cycle
ride from the train station to our place, and there are regular
daytime buses between Darlo and Croft. The site is also only 3 miles
from the A1 so very convenient to drive to.

Cooking: A large kitchen and dining room; All the veg you can eat (free), grown
on site (cabbage, kohlrabi, salad leaves, brocolli, cauliflower,
carrots, chard, beetroot, herbs, beans, courgettes, fennel,
raspberries, we probs won’t have potatoes yet though, and if it isn’t
too cold we will have tomatoes and cucumber); You can order bread from
the bakery;  We do a regular suma order so you could get the bulk of
food though that;  There is a  cob pizza oven (comes with master pizza
chef Roberto!)

Compost toilets & shower: 5 sitdown toilets
including disabled toilet + 1 urinal and numerous
bushes – includes toilet paper. You could also wash in one of our two
rivers

Camping: includes a field & space for marquee(s)

Workshop Space: Large round shelter in woods;
greenwoodwork shelter; dining room; polytunnel

Internet: Four computers available

Things to do: Swimming, crafts, volleyball, landwork, wood splitting & more.

To suggest a workshop & get involved with
organising the gathering please email: petetatham at gmail.com
This entry was posted in Gathering, General,
Upcoming events and tagged reclaim the fields uk,
summer gathering. Bookmark the permalink.
? In Defence of Food Sovereignty: Stop Water Grabbing!
April 17th, Appeal of the Peasants to Protect The Wilderness ?

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6