A Land Backed Currency Issued By A Local Authority

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Wed May 16 19:45:57 BST 2012

/Ethical Markets Review is delighted to publish this brilliant original
paper by Deirdre Kent, author of Healthy Money, Healthy Planet (2005).
Deirdre has been an activist for a better common future and in New
Zealand politics since the Values Party was founded in 1975. Many
members of this early futurist party visited our editor, Hazel
Henderson, in the late 1970s and gave her the rights to their visionary
manifesto, Beyond Tomorrow. Deirdre continued her activism in her local
community, Otaki, and co-founded the Otaki Transition Town and the Otaki
Timebank, the brainchild of Edgar Cahn, a member of Ethical Markets
Advisory Board. In 2011, Deirdre Kent founded New Zealand's New
Economics Party and wrote this immensely practical and viable proposal
for a scaled-up, robust local currency which can be issued in many
countries by local authorities and ratified by central banks and
authorities as is now happening in Brazil, see articles by Ladislau
Dowbor and Rose Marie Muraro in Ethical Markets Review. We welcome these
innovative thinkers and activists. -- Hazel Henderson, Editor.

http://s.coop/meer
/