CAP's impact on biodiversity

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 12:17:56 GMT 2012

The Annual Linnean lecture Nov 15
entry free
http://www.linnean.org/Meetings-and-Events/Events/Linnean+Debate

Linnean DebateDate	From 15/11/2012 to 15/11/2012
Time	From 18:00 to 20:00
Title	The effect of the Common Agricultural Policy on biodiversity in this country
Speaker	Tim Brigstocke
Venue	The Linnean Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London
W1j 0BF
Organiser	Samantha Murphy
02074344479
Category	Open to all;Free;Evening meeting

The effect of the Common Agricultural Policy on biodiversity in this country

Chair: Tim Brigstocke

Annual Linnean Debate

This year's Linnean Society Debate takes the form of an open discussion on the effect of the Common Agricultural Policy on biodiversity in this country. We are fortunate that the discussion will be led by the Chairman of the CAP Task Force, Tim Brigstocke. There are many issues raised by the interaction of the CAP and our biodiversity which are the concern of workers in a wide range of organisations and disciplines. Contributions to the discussion are expected from a variety of perspectives and it is hoped that many Fellows and guests will join the discussion.

Tea will be served in the Library from 5.30pm and the lecture will be followed by a wine reception.

This meeting is free and open to all; registration is not necessary.