Christmas presents for and from Luddites ;-)

Ned Ludd tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 12:42:46 GMT 2012

Dear Friends,

Our music compilation CD is looking very
exciting, we have added some new artists: take a
look at the full list at
<http://luddites200blog.org.uk/luddite-music-cd-and-poetry/>http://luddites200blog.org.uk/luddite-music-cd-and-poetry/,
where you can now buy the CD and book online. We
are well on the way to breaking even, we just
need a little more help from you, so please
follow your impulses, solve your Christmas
present problems and order some copies of the CD
and poetry anthology now! If you would like to
have your name printed as a supporting subscriber
in the CD booklet or anthology, please send £20 for either or £30 for both.

If you prefer to send a cheque, rather than
paying online, please make the cheque payable to
Human Genetics Alert, to 22b St Kilda's Road, London, N16 5BZ.

Luddite Music CD and Poetry Book
Chanukah and Christmas are coming and we have the
perfect Luddite presents for your friends and
family!  You can order them below.
Words in Praise of Ned Ludd includes a selection
of poems from our competition earlier this
year.   Provoking, entertaining, moving and
heartening, it is a rich and varied selection of
funny, angry, polemical, satirical poems and
songs. Some are sad and some are wise. Some are
meditations on historical change and some are
calls to action.  In the words of competition
judge, Andy Croft, paraphrasing E.P. Thompson,
they ‘successfully rescue the poor stockinger,
the Luddite cropper, the obsolete hand-loom
weaver and the ‘Utopian’ artisan from the
enormous condescension of poetry’.  These were,
as Theo Ayres writes in ‘William Thorpe’, the
‘ordinary’ people who attempted something
‘extraordinary’.  Finally, it is a book about
continuing industrial and political resistance,
two hundred years later. Like Robin Hood, Captain
Swing, Spartacus and V, General Ludd is the
leader of the dispossessed everywhere.
General Ludd’s Triumph, our compilation CD of
traditional and modern Luddite music, has a great
line-up of artists.  It includes existing
recordings, songs from the musical shows that
have been touring this year and other new
compositions inspired by the 200th anniversary.
If the results are anything like the session at
our Huddersfield festival in April, you will be
singing along and generally causing a
ruckus.  Like the poetry book, it is the only
collection of such Luddite material ever
assembled and is no doubt destined to become a
collector’s item. Artists include: Chumbawamba,
Seize the Day, New Model Army, Robert Calvert (ex
Hawkwind), Steeleye Span, Martin Davis, Ark B,
Eric Angus Whyte, The Hammer and Shears Theatre
Company, Annie Dearman and Steve Harrison, Gary
Kaye, Mikron Theatre Company, Bill Price, Ruth and Sadie Price.
If there are problems with this system, contact luddites200 at yahoo.co.uk.
Please note: Luddites200 are using the Paypal
account of Human Genetics Alert, a friendly
organisation, for technical reasons. Your payment
will go to Luddites200. Prices include £1.50 UK
post & packing.  Please email us if you want delivery outside the UK.

Best wishes

Ned