Forset of Dean Rocket Stove Course @Yorkley Court 25th-26th Oct

All://ptw.co.uk tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Oct 21 21:25:40 BST 2012

Hi everyone,

We have another exciting workshop coming up at Yorkley Court on
the 25th/26th. Please would you circulate this message across your
networks so we get the word out to as many interested parties as
possible.

Yorkley Court Community Farm are offering a 2 day workshop to
introduce the community of the Forest of Dean and beyond to the art of
Rocket Mass Heating.

Rocket Stoves and Rocket Mass Heaters are popular within permaculture
and off grid circles due to their super efficiency, producing the
maximum amount of heat from the smallest amount of material burnt.
Wood burning stoves are becoming increasingly popular in the UK due to
the short carbon cycle of the fuel they use, wood, making them a great
option to explore for genuine sustainability. This workshop will take
wood burning stoves to the next level.

In this workshop we will explore:
- The dimensions and proportions to consider in designing your own
optimal rocket mass heater.
- How to get the most heat out of your system before the heat escapes
out of the flu and into the outside world.
- The range of options for using a rocket mass heater, from cooking to
space heating and water heating.

The workshop will be hands-on as we build a rocket mass heater that
will cook, heat water and heat space in our new kitchen. We will build
the rocket mass heater out of natural and recycled materials. We will
get hand-on experience in:
- Making and working with cob.
- Making and working with natural mortar.
- Making and working with earth render.
- Working with a range of recycled materials.
- What to look for when looking for scrap materials.

Throughout the workshop we will explore the range of materials that
can be used, suiting every possible budget.

When: 25-26th October (all food and accommodation is included)
Where: Yorkley Court Community Farm
Cost: £40 suggested donation though no one will be excluded for lack
or excess of funds. The donation is to cover the cost of materials and
food. We are far more interested in your participation than the donation,
and are more than happy to accept trades and exchanges in place of cash
donations.
Bookings: Contact yorkleycourt at gmail.com
or 07588258503