Resilience.org will soon be the new home of Energy Bulletin

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Oct 23 22:29:05 BST 2012

How to Start a Community Currency
by Mira Luna, originally published by Shareable  | TODAY

"Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than
standing armies...The issuing power should be taken from the banks
and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes
the laws." - Banker Mayer Amschel Rothschild

The centralized creation of money and credit has a profoundly
negative effect on local economies, sovereignty, and cohesiveness.
Bankers value profit at all costs, while locally-controlled
institutions tend to hold other values - like community, justice and
sustainability - more highly.

Communities can regain control of the flow of money and credit by
issuing their own currency as a complement to conventional money, as
electronic barter networks, debit cards, mobile phone payments,
Timebanks, LETS, or old-fashioned cash.

By altering the flow of resources, community currencies take power
away from multinationals and put it in the hands of more accountable
local entities. While community currencies can't be too similar to or
compete with national money, most countries allow it and some, like
Venezuela and the E.U., support their development. Mediating
underemployment and poverty are often prime motivators, or specific
purposes like small-business incubation, caregiving for seniors,
community gardens, or providing healthcare for the uninsured,
according to CNN.

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2012-10-23/how-to-start-a-community-currency

Resilience.org is live!
by Resilience.org Staff, originally published by Resilience.org  | TODAY

http://www.resilience.org/stories/2012-10-23/resilience-org-is-live

We're excited to announce that our new site Resilience.org is live
and ready for you to explore. Resilience.org will soon be the new
home of Energy Bulletin, as we broaden our scope to provide tools to
effect change.
Resilience.org brings together the Energy Bulletin team and authors,
along with the treasure trove that is the complete archive of EB
articles. It also adds a growing database of groups working on
building resilience, as well as a community library of resources to
enable the sharing of best practice among those groups.

Be assured that all the articles that normally appear on Energy
Bulletin will continue to appear on Resilience.org. The reading
experience for long-time followers of EB will not be that different.
Disqus comments will follow shortly.

We hope you'll like the look of the new site and find it easy to use,
whether you just want to keep following our daily selection of
articles and news, or if you're ready to dig in to the resilience
building section and share your groups and resources. Thanks to all
of you who provided feedback on our ideas and plans. We  appreciate
your support.

Come and take a look!

The EB team

Migration Plan
The switch to the new site will be a phased one. For the time being
Resilience.org is still in its Beta testing phase. Energy Bulletin
will continue to look the same and all new articles will appear at both sites.

The first thing to change at Energy Bulletin will be the Disqus
comments, which will be closed down and moved over to Resilience.org.

In a few weeks time we will stop adding the new articles to Energy
Bulletin and it will switch to being an archive site.

When we are ready, Energy Bulletin will be retired, but only once we
have all of the legacy EB urls set to forward directly to the
equivalent article at Resilience.org.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6