Owen Paterson, environment minister!!

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Wed Sep 5 07:27:37 BST 2012

Owen Paterson!... well, what can you say!

Seems the new environment minister is a believe in shale gas, and other
"big energy" projects. According to the Torygraph he's also a "Climate
change skeptic" (and is apparently brother-in-law of Matt Ridley), and
according to BBC's Today Programme he's labelled "Eurosceptic" too.
Paterson also played a big part in the debate on Foxhunting, calling anti-
hunt campaigners "Nazis".

...and of course, this guy gets the highest accolades from James Delingpole
(who is, of course, "always right") -- he thinks Owen Paterson is the
soundest politician in Britain. And as for local opposition, apparently the
Electoral Reform Society consider his North Shropshire seat to be
historically the safest Conservative seat in the country!

Wow! This guy is in charge of environment policy! Thank you David!

So, between him and the shadow environment department that's being run out
of the treasury, I think we could be in for some fun!!

See also list of news articles below.

P.

Green groups' concern over Owen Paterson record
Roger Harrabin, BBC News, 4th September 2012

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9520174/Owen%2DPaterson%2Dbecomes%2Dnew%2DEnvironment%2DSecretary.html
Owen Paterson becomes new Environment Secretary
Holly Watt, Daily Telegraph, 4th September 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/damian%2Dcarrington%2Dblog/2012/sep/04/environment%2Dowen%2Dpaterson%2Dspelman%2Dreshuffle?newsfeed=true
New environment secretary Owen Paterson will worry greens
Damian Carrington, Guardian Online, Tuesday 4th September 2012

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2012/09/with-an-coalition-fight-brewing-
over-energy-policy,-meet-owen-paterson,-your-new-environment-secretary
With a coalition fight brewing over energy policy, meet Owen Paterson, your
new environment secretary, Carbon Brief, 4th Sep 2012

http://bogpaper.com/2012/06/19/paterson-mp-soundest-politician-delingpole/

- --

.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

Paul's book, "Energy Beyond Oil", is out now!
For details see http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ebo/

Read my 'essay' weblog, "Ecolonomics", at:
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/ecolonomics/

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey-2011.asc