[Diggers350] Re: [TheLandIsOurs] Condem UK Housing Policy = Social Cleansing

david bangs dave.bangs at virgin.net
Sun Sep 23 10:33:47 BST 2012

On 2012-09-22 10:37, mark at tlio.org.uk wrote:
> Just came across the following (copied below).new 80% affordable
> housing scheme - which will make rents unaffordable to lower-income
> families.

Good stuff...However, this is nothing new. Local councils have been obliged to move their rents towards a target of 80% of market rents for a decade or more now...and do so by a series of annual increments.

If TLIO's core group had implemented the vote (made by acclaim) of last October's Gathering to affiliate to Defend Council Housing (DCH) they might have more detailed knowledge of housing issues by now...

Dave Bangs