[Diggers350] Re: Condem UK Housing Policy = Social Cleansing

Fran Ryan Fran at peopleincharge.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 10:11:30 BST 2012

Re the ridiculous new definition of 'affordable' rent, I'm up for
working to get more land into genuine community ownership (that is, not
via district councils) via the Land Trust mechanism. It won't solve
things overnight but we have to start somewhere. We have one tiny bit of
land in Oxford big enough for six homes which we plan to rent on a
cooperative basis. And we're committed to never selling the land in
order to prevent the homes getting onto the open market and instantly
becoming unaffordable.

Fran
Oxfordshire Community Land Trust