[Diggers350] VID: Neighbours of Alex Haigh discuss sentencing

Ram Selva seeds at snail.org.uk
Sat Sep 29 10:03:39 BST 2012

Is it not to be expected that an unnamed MoJ spokesperson would say
exactly that type of nonsense to deviate from whats really going on?

Beyond the MoJ spokesperson attention should be paid to the ' MoJ
circular' dated  22nd August 2012 [*].

MoJ Circular No. 2012/04 is where the true nature of the 'ministry'
lies - to create chaos over a basic need.

Curious wordings in 'LAPSO Section 144: "Offence of squatting in a
residential building"' such as:
"(2) The offence is not committed by a person holding over after the
end of a lease or licence (even if the person leaves and re-enters the
building)"

... are given the real intended meaning through this circular.
This circular surreptitiously drags in millions of tenants most
vulnerable in possessing a legally secure home, in to the carefully
constructed negative image for 'squatters'.

The police, judiciary and the prosecution service ie the foot soldiers
of the land-owners were always struggling to cope with the definitions
of 'trespassers'.
Now the foot soldiers are more lost in definitions and what not while
the *social and political* pressure to commit more blatant abuse of the
'law' is well set up.

All squatting related legal protection has been abused as and when
needed, sometimes by even enacting draconian provisions for national
security, anyways. But that was over squatting, then.

LAPSO S144  *is not* about squatting as the S144 pretends to spell out.

Its currently about giving more power to the carefully nurtured media
value of squatters into a weapon to try and get to millions of people
who the land owners wish totally subjugated.

[*]
<http://www.info4local.gov.uk/documents/publications/2204957>
-- a 'joined-up' effort at shedding crocodile tears for the homeless to
be

<http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/legislation/bills-acts/circulars/squatting-circular.pdf>
-- direct link to the MoJ Circular No. 2012/04

-- please don't fall for para 10  ... its para 8 that gives it away
-the explicit reaffirmation of the already well entrenched court process
that favours land owners; why drag in those who unfortunately loose
their homes with tenancies in to this confusion?? - The complete
overhaul of Legal Aid to be completed in stages by 2014 cunningly only
offers support for one solitary Housing matter which happens to be the
process of loosing your home in a court which is a simple financial
matter: 'is your rent payment up to date?'

Ram