[Diggers350] Rights of Way query

david bangs dave.bangs at virgin.net
Wed Dec 11 14:11:54 GMT 2013

Add a bye-way (BOAT) for MOTOR traffic ?

It is difficult to be sympathetic if the application is motivated by a desire to give motorists a right of access on another green lane.

The status of public footpath or bridleway is much more attractive.

ALL public roads, historically...from trunk roads to inter-farm tracks...were primarily footways. Now, only those from which the car is excluded are safe for pedestrians...and horse users.

The Open Spaces Society (OSS) have the best experts. When I sought dedication of a downland footpath they provided support beautifully....AFTER I'd paid a membership subscription, of course,

Dave Bangs