[Diggers350] Campaign against Bedroom Tax demands Benefit Justice

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 14:33:51 GMT 2013

Thanks for this Dave,
Right on the money.
This has all being drawn up in the city and is
being implemented by former UBS investment banker
fraudster Lord Freud who rarely dares to appear
in public but did this morning on BBC Radio 5 Live

The UBS Libor-Fraud E-mails Are a Gift for Regulators
By Nick Summers on December 19, 2012
Just a week before Christmas, the Libor scandal
is a gift that keeps on giving. The Swiss bank
UBS (UBS) has been fined $1.5 billion and two of
its former traders were charged with conspiracy
in the United States, while U.K. regulators
released a report (PDF) that captures the bank’s
employees engaging in routine, casual, and brazen
manipulation of what has been called the world’s most important number.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-19/the-ubs-libor-fraud-emails-are-a-gift-for-regulators

Lord Freud: People “too Comfortable” on Benefits.
November 24, 2012
Andrew Coates
http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/lord-freud-people-too-comfortable-on-benefits

The Guardian reports, on the latest wit and
wisdom by our old friend Lord Freud,
The government’s welfare reform minister has
suggested lone parents, sickness claimants and
other people on benefits are too comfortable not
having to work for their income, saying they are
able to “have a lifestyle” on the state.
In an interview with House Magazine, Lord Freud
is reported to have said the benefits system is
“dreadful” and discourages poor people from
taking the risks he implied they should be
willing to bear to change their circumstances.
“The incapacity benefits, the lone parents, the
people who are self-employed for year after year
and only earn hundreds of pounds or a few
thousand pounds, the people waiting for their
work ability assessment then not going to it –
all kinds of areas where people are able to have
a lifestyle off benefits and actually off
conditionality,” the Conservative peer said.
They add,
Freud, a former journalist and investment banker,
told the magazine that his background did not
make him unable to understand the reality of
living on benefits. “You don’t have to be the
corpse to go to the funeral, which is the implied criticism there,” he said.
What an odd metaphor.
No doubt he was thinking of us as living corpses.

Looking at the register of Lords interests he is
a trustee of something called the Jecda
foundation a ‘charity’ worth 1.6 million.
Trustees: David Anthony Freud, Priscilla Jane
Freud, Mr Andrew Alexander Freud, Ms Emily
Annette Freud, Miss Juliet Freud (nothing like keeping it in the family)
Based at Eastry Court, Church Street, Eastry,
Sandwich, Kent, CT13 0HL (next to the church –
use google street view it’s not labeled properly on the map).

Emacs!

3. THE OBJECTS FOR WHICH THE COMPANY IS ESTABLISHED ARE:
3.1 THE RELIEF OF POVERTY;
3.2 THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION AND HEALTH;
3.3 THE ADVANCEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION OR IMPROVEMENT; AND
3.4 SUCH OTHER PURPOSES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE
PUBLIC AS SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY CHARITABLE

Perhaps we should ask it for a grant.

Someone called ‘David Anthony Freud’ is a
director of ’29 Montpelier Grove Management
Company Limited’. This will probably be the
freehold company for a London flat – which he may
or may not be renting out to another MP.

Lord Freud's welfare 'lifestyle' comments show
'nasty party is back', say Labour
Labour have seized on comments by Lord Freud, the
Minister for Welfare Reform who likened life on benefits to a funeral.
Lord Freud, the minister for welfare reform
Photo: Allstar Picture Library / Alamy
By Telegraph reporters
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9698985/Lord-Freuds-welfare-lifestyle-comments-show-nasty-party-is-back-say-Labour.html
2:30PM GMT 23 Nov 2012
Lord Freud said the benefits system was
"dreadful" and allowed lone parents and sickness
claimants to "have a lifestyle" on the state.
Poor people should be prepared to take more risks
because they have the least to lose, according to
the minister for welfare reform.
The Tory peer, a former banker and descendent of
Sigmund Freud, who is helping to push through a
radical overhaul of the welfare state, insisted
he understood the reality of living on benefits,
arguing "you don't have to be the corpse to go to a funeral".
Liam Byrne, the Shadow Work and Pensions
secretary, said the comments were "disgusting",
adding: "The nasty party is well and truly back."
In an interview with The House magazine, he said:
"We've got the circumstances now where... people
who are poorer should be prepared to take the
biggest risks - they've got least to lose."
"We have, through our welfare system, created a
system which has made them reluctant to take
risks so we need to turn that on its head and
make the system predictable so that people will take those risks.
"I think we have a dreadful welfare system."
He added: "You know, the incapacity benefits, the
lone parents, the people who are self-employed
for year after year and only earn hundreds of
pounds or a few thousand pounds, the people
waiting for their work ability assessment then
not going to it - all kinds of areas where people
are able to have a lifestyle off benefits and actually off conditionality."
Lord Freud dismissed the possibility of taking
part in a television documentary which filmed him
living on benefits for a week, something a number
of politicians have done in the past.
"I have thought of the issue," he said. "The
trouble is, it's a stunt when someone like me
does it because you do it for a week. That's not the point."
He added: "I think you don't have to be the
corpse to go to a funeral, which is the implied criticism there."
Mr Byrne continued: "Lord Freud is a former
investment banker and now a minister of the
crown. For him of all people to compare people on
benefits to corpses and likening their lives to a
funeral is quite frankly disgusting.
"He is quite clearly a man in total denial about
the pain his policies are about to cause."
Lord Freud advised the Labour government on
welfare after publishing an independent report in
March 2007 on the Welfare to Work system.
He said former prime minister Gordon Brown
"thought he could soften me up and then dump me
in with his officials and I would just
capitulate" in talks they had on reforms.
He added: "Which I thought was a pretty demeaning
thing for a chancellor and prime minister-to-be, to think that was his role.
"And in practice a pretty foolish strategy when
you're up against someone who's an investment
banker, who gets yelled at every day of his life,
if not three times, by chief executives, finance
directors and chairmen for one thing or another.
So, if he was wanting to get an outcome, it was a pretty poor strategy."

At 00:10 14/01/2013, david bangs wrote:

><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/>
>[]
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/>
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/>
>[]
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/>
>Stop privatisation; improve existing and build a
>new generation of first class council housing
>[]
>
>Campaign against Bedroom Tax demands Benefit Justice
>Tenants and campaigners from across Britain are
>coming to London next Saturday 19th Jan to link
>up a campaign against attacks on Housing and
>other Benefits.DCH is organising with Disabled
>people against Cuts (DPAC), PCS and Unite trade
>unions and others to link up tenants and other
>groups hit by these changes. Tenants, disabled
>people and community organisations, trade unions
>and local and national campaigns will meet on 19
>Jan to co-ordinate and organise.Reminder
>Benefit Justice organising meeting 12-2.00 pm
>Sat 19 Jan at Unite House, 128 Theobald's
>Road,London WC1X 8TN (nearest tube Holborn).
>Email info at defendcouncilhousing.org.uk for more
>information.See
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/BedroomTax_LeedsDCHLeaflet140812.pdf>Leeds
>Bedroom Tax leaflet
>
>DCH demands:
>* Direct investment in council housing as a
>matter of urgency - write off historic HRA
>housing debt to enable new council housing
>* Defend security of tenure for existing and future tenants
>* No eviction of tenants in rent arrears due to Housing Benefit cuts
>* Investment in a massive programme of new and
>improved, energy-efficient council house building
>
>To stop getting DCH broadcasts reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in subject.
>For background information on the demand for
>investment in council housing and who supports
>the campaign see www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk
>
>[]
>
>[]
>
>[]
>
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyProtestLeaflet15Nov2011.pdf>
>[]
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyProtestLeaflet15Nov2011.pdf>
>Protest Leaflet 15th Nov
>
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyBriefingApr2012.pdf>
>[]
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyBriefingApr2012.pdf>
>Election Briefing April 2012
>
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyStatement190511.doc>
>[]
><http://www.defendcouncilhousing.org.uk/dch/resources/HousingEmergencyStatement190511.doc>
>Statement from Housing Emergency tenants conference

> [...]
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6