Behind every picture lies a story: Statistical reality versus PR-hype within the political project of unconventional gas in Britain

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Thu Jul 25 04:10:41 BST 2013

http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/musings/2013/20130725-behind_every_picture_lies_a_story.html

Behind every picture lies a story:
Statistical reality versus PR-hype within the political project of
unconventional gas in Britain

Paul Mobbs, "Mobbsey's Musings", 25th July 2013

Let's get one thing clear, this is not about conspiracy theories. This
isn't about a powerful elite meeting in darkened rooms to fondle their
fluffy white cats whilst talking in menacing tones. This isn't about
class warfare. What this diagram (see article) represents is simply
business... *big business!* As the saying goes, "every picture tells a
story", and this one is a bit more complex, and in many ways more
bizarre than other comparable tales.

++ please forward! ++

You can also download the 'Fracking Organogram' from --
http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/current/slides/fracking_organogram.jpg

After more than a year of really grinding brain cells on the extreme
energy issue I think I'm beginning to get somewhere. There has been so
much research and new data released over the last twelve months, I'm
amazed that others haven't pointed out some of this stuff earlier.

This article is short, although rather dense (rather like a lump
hammer?). It's all about political and economic distortion, and how the
shale gas story has been bent and twisted to fit the requirements of a
group of elite people who are running out if ideas faster than the world
is running out of resources! ;-)

Most of all, it's about a word I want to really push over the next six
months or so... 'malfeasance'!

Enjoy!

P.

PS -- note also the notice about the forthcoming 'Autumn Tour' -- more
details shortly, or get in touch right away if you want to be near the
front of the queue which already seems to be forming.

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey_public_key-2013.asc