NAWRA – the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers

Zardoz tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Jul 26 10:38:25 BST 2013

Until The Land Is Ours again how about NAWRA?
http://www.nawra.org.uk/index.php/about-nawra/?page_id=18

NAWRA – the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers – is a membership based organisation for advisers and organisations across the UK.

Our aims are to challenge, influence and improve welfare rights policy and legislation; and to be a national voice for welfare rights advisers.

For more information see our Aims and Objectives:

Aims:
To challenge, influence and improve welfare rights policy and legislation;
To promote NAWRA as the national voice of welfare rights advisers.

Objectives:
To build a strong national network of welfare rights advisers from all sectors;
To seek to influence government proposals and existing legislation by utilising the expertise of our members;
To identify and share good practice and to promote anti-discriminatory practice;
To offer mutual support and provide a forum for discussion;
To facilitate learning workshops and distribute information;
To recognise and challenge discriminatory legislation;
To promote welfare rights issues and encourage effective partnership working.

Membership of NAWRA is available to any group or individual working in the welfare rights field and/or who supports our aims and objectives.

Our quarterly meetings are held around the country and include key note speakers, workshops and a range of networking and professional development opportunities.

Details of our next meeting can be found in the Meetings area, and minutes of previous meetings can be found in the Members area.

If you would like to join NAWRA, please complete our application form.