Mon01/Tue02Jul13 - BRISTOL - Funding Access to Land

Darren mail at vegburner.co.uk
Sun Jun 23 01:06:07 BST 2013

Financing Farmland Acquisition: Sharing and Evaluating Financial Tools

01 July 2013 09:30 - 01 July 2013 17:00

Triodos Bank, Deanery Rd  Bristol, Avon. BS1 5AS

The Biodynamic Land Trust and the Soil Association Land Trust are
working on an EU wide project on access to land for sustainable farming.
The project is led by French land trust Terre de Liens whose phenomenal
story saw them raise over EUR22million to fund the purchase over 100
organic and biodynamic farms.

This event on Financing Farmland Acquisition will allow us to learn from
our European partners as well as hear about current developments in
community ownership of land in the UK.  During the day we will present,
analyse, compare and contrast different ways of financing farmland
acquisition.

The day will be particularly relevant for non-profit landowners,
community groups and new farmers seeking to buy land and people and
organisations interested in funding access to land.

http://soilassociation.org/farmersgrowers/newsandevents/articleid/5496/financing-farmland-acquisition-sharing-and-evaluating-financial-tools

New futures in farmland ownership

02 July 2013 10:00 - 02 July 2013 17:00

Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3QY

**The Soil Association and Biodynamic Land Trust are working with the
Community Land Advisory Service to host an event on 'New futures in
farmland ownership'.
The day will look at farmland ownership, how we can make it stack up
economically and how communities in France have taken real ownership of
their land and food supply through the work of Terre de liens.

This event is part of an EU wide project on access to land for
sustainable farming and will include participants from across Europe
with stories to share about sustainable management of agricultural land.

The morning will be led by Soil Association Land Trust trustee David
Riddle who will take us through some of the issues of farmland
ownership, getting us to think in terms of its assets and liabilities,
opportunities and constraints. We will use the Land Trust's farms and
other participants' case studies to think about how to optimise our
natural resources and economic assets.

In the afternoon we will hear from Terre de liens, the phenomenal story
of how a civil society organisation set up to address the difficulties
faced by organic and peasant farmers in securing land, has raised
EUR22.5million and acquired more than 100 organic and biodynamic farm in
the past 6 years. Founder Sjoerd Wartena will talk about their
experiences of setting up a national farmland ownership body in France.

http://www.soilassociation.org/farmersgrowers/newsandevents/articleid/5495/new-futures-in-farmland-ownership