Model Stop Developers' leaflet - Baxter's Fields campaign

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Wed Mar 6 00:47:32 GMT 2013

Want to stop an aplication for green field housing?? - here's a great
example of how to do that
a leaflet followed by their website

Model Stop Developers' leaflet - Baxter's Fields, Stroud - pdf
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Diggers350/files/
a file now on this yahoo group
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/SIo2UR9BIPdoSA_Beu-o15pv7AnanncVnle9GdU0oSnsnFPZejLS09AsbPyDW3kFrtAg5EKNSEY_IVRNV4TA/BaxtersFields.pdf

We are the Slad Valley Action Group
http://www.savesladvalley.org.uk/
We are a group of local people who have come together because we
believe Baxter's Fields should remain fields - they are an essential
green space for Stroud, and form part of the setting of the beautiful
AONB -  it is wrong to build on them simply because it is easier to
build on greenfield land than brownfield sites. It is right to build
new homes for Stroud but they should be in  sustainable locations,
not places like Baxter's fields which make the developers the biggest
profits........

Emacs!

Why should this development be stopped?
Our countryside is precious. Once it's gone, it's gone. This is a
greenfield site outside Stroud's settlement boundary and not in the
area identified by the council as suitable for development. Stroud
has many precious green landscapes - if this one can be built on,
none of our green areas are safe. Where will be next?
It's not just three fields. The developers aren't likely to stop at
these three fields. If the proposal goes through, the fields below
and on either side are at risk. In a few years, the whole area could
be one huge housing estate.
Damage to tourism Baxter's Fields form a crucial green gateway to our
world famous Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, one of the
attractions which brings millions of pounds of tourist revenue to
Stroud every year.This new housing estate will be highly visible from
viewpoints all over Stroud and the Five Valleys including Swifts
Hill, which means that if it goes ahead, the character of the AONB
will be damaged for ever, with disastrous effects for wildlife, and
also for tourism to the area.
More traffic, higher flood risk. Think how many journeys there will
be from the new estate, meaning a huge increase in traffic congestion
on all the roads between the site and central Stroud. It's also
likely to increase the risk of flooding from the Slad Brook.

Benefits for local people?
Affordable housing? NO! This isn't the right place for affordable
housing - too far from jobs and local facilities
More jobs? No - big builders aren't likely to use many local people -
and once its built it wont help jobs at all
Make no mistake this is all about profits for developers!
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which
alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be
revealed; and nothing hid that shall not be made known. What I tell
you in darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye hear in the
ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6