Reclaim The Fields Gathering 16-25Mar - Forest of Dean

ProtectTheWilderness tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Mar 12 23:30:06 GMT 2013

Reclaim The Fields 'Spring into Action' - What's going on?

Still plenty of time to get in contact, and offer
to share your skills with inspired people, play
music, recite poetry, partake in a barn dance (or
two) or talk about a subject you feel passionate
about. Email us :
<mailto:yorkleycourt at gmail.com>yorkleycourt at gmail.com
if you'd like to help increase the diversity of the Gathering!

 >From the 16th – 25th of March, there will be
skill-sharing, talks, practical activities,
family fun, music, feasting, festivities, radical
peasant action and much more to get involved with
going on around the Farm Starting on the 9th of
March – the RTF ‘seed camp’ will begin with a
two day Permaculture course. The Seed Camp is
open and free to all, and will be responsible for
planning, making decisions and setting up the
infrastructure of the Gathering. It really is
your gathering, so it’s direction will be
co-created by all, every decision from food to
finance, through family activities to activism
will be openly discussed and decisions will be
made through com-sense-lore [what is learned,
through common sense and open, sensitive communication]

It’s not just your Gathering, it’s about to
become your Farm! – held in Trust and there to
serve you – the people of this Forest and beyond
– “ the true Beneficiaries of the Land.

Kids space, with fun activities like Seed-Bomb
making, story-telling and Forest mythology walks
- will be open as often as there are people who
want to help run the kids space and make the
gathering more accessible to parents!

Skill-shares and talks (with many more rolling-in):
Community Composting Build (day tbc)
‘Bee for Development” with  Monica Barlow.
Top Bar Bee Hive building with Nicky Wager
Forest Garden/ Agro-Forestry workshop
Foraging plants for food, fuel and dyes – with Cat (day tbc)
DIY solar panel building workshop – with Lynne (day tbc)
Fracking talk – with members of Dash For Gas (day tbc)
Planting ancient native hedge-rows, emulating the old Tithe maps
Homeopathic First Aid – with Stella (day tbc)
Coppicing and woodland stewarding workshop
Natural spinning and dying with Stella (day tbc)
Willow Weaving with Jeanette (day tbc)
Reforesting the Land, reviving the Forest Cabin tradition (day tbc)
No-Till Organic Farming – Principles and examples – Jan
 > Post-Capitalist Agriculture – Our CSA project
on it’s way to a gift economy- Jan
Using nature to heal the world – with Gertcha (day tbc)
Panel on fighting the proposed destruction of a
key wildlife haven, in the Forest of Dean!
Anti Badger cull talk, with GABS – Gloucestershire against badger shooting
Talking and sharing about WWOOF and Diggers ‘n’ Dreamers  – James Dennis

Music From : [get in contact if you'd like to be on the list]
Fitty Gomash
Al the Owl
Who Killed the Bear!
Muddy Summers and the Dirty Field Whores
Ash Victim
Doozer (Deferred Sucess)
Tony Hopkins
PUDDOCK STEW
Charlie Bateman
Andy and Mark of Shootin’ the Crow
The Fire-pit Collective

Plus Open-Stage, Jamming, and general guitar twanging around the camp-fire!

Full Gathering info is available on the Reclaim
the Fields Spring into Action Gathering 2013 website

<http://rtfspring2013.wordpress.com>http://rtfspring2013.wordpress.com

Yorkley Court Community Farm's Website

<http://yorkleycourt.wordpress.com>http://yorkleycourt.wordpress.com

Who are ‘Reclaim the Fields’?
“Reclaim the Fields is a constellation of
people and collective projects willing to go back
to the land and reassume the control over food production.”
<http://reclaimthefields.org.uk>http://reclaimthefields.org.uk