Making Worlds 2013: Building the Commons

Commons Rising tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Mar 29 22:43:22 GMT 2013

School of Commoning members are working with The
Future of Occupy to collaborate in
<http://www.schoolofcommoning.com/content/making-worlds-2013-building-commons>this
event, which aims to map, connect and build the
commons in NYC and beyond. For more about the
event see Making Worlds here. For resources and
updates being published on an ongoing basis by
The Future of Occupy:
<http://thefutureofoccupy.org/us-workshops-making-worlds-2013/>click<http://thefutureofoccupy.org/us-workshops-making-worlds-2013/>
here.

Making Worlds: a Commons Coalition brings
projects working to reclaim the commons to the
fore of the Occupy movement. Commons can be
defined as: resources managed and sustained by
the communities that make use of them. The
commons belong to the 99% yet are endangered by
privatization and commodification. Making Worlds
grows out of an understanding that Occupy itself
is a form of commoning, a process in which
everyone can participate, every voice can
contribute, an open movement that belongs to no
one and to everyone. Through holding
conversations in communities around the city
among organizations, activists and others, we aim
to: create links between the Occupy movement, the
Commons movement, activist organizations and
people who may not consider themselves activists.
This way we can become visible to each other and
work together on our common problems.

Making Worlds: a Commons Coalition- is a
collaborative effort by Occupy Wall St and other
groups and individuals to explore the utility of
the commons in creating a better world.

Visit Commons Rising at:
<http://commonsrising.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network>http://commonsrising.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

+44 (0)7786 952037
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.dialectradio.co.uk
Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27