Greenpeace: IoD report fantastical and funded by Cuadrilla

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Sat May 25 01:23:11 BST 2013

http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/media/press-releases/iod-report-fantastical-and-funded-cuadrilla-20130522

IoD report fantastical and funded by Cuadrilla

Greenpeace, 22nd May, 2013

Responding to the Institute of Directors report “Getting shale gas
working”, Leila Deen, Greenpeace Energy Campaigner, said:

“Paid for by fracking company Cuadrilla, this report’s wildly optimistic
forecast for job creation depends on a level of shale development that
no respected analyst believes to be economically or geologically
feasible.

The IOD's forecasts are based on mind-boggling and hopelessly misleading
estimates of gas extraction using technology so far not deployed at this
scale anywhere on the planet. It also assumes a level of gas use that's
incompatible with the recommendations of government climate advisors.

"In their best-case scenario, 17 trucks a day would pass through the
UK's most picturesque villages carrying more than 5.4 million cubic
metres of water and fracking fluid per year.

"Despite cheerleading for the industry, the report still avoids the
issue of whether fracking will bring down bills. With experts from
Deutche Bank to BP to the Energy Secretary Ed Davey agreeing UK shale
gas will not reduce gas prices for consumers, fracking across England
seems like a lot of pain for very little gain."

(Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice')

email - mobbsey at gn.apc.org
website - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml
public key - http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/mobbsey_public_key-2013.asc