5 Nov Protest: No to 'heating or eating' Block the Bridge 5 Nov

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 1 17:08:23 GMT 2013

 For your info:
  People's Assembly 'Bonfire of Austerity' View this email in your
browser<http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dd957c6eb39e2c25a43db43d5&id=e816e64b11&e=>
   No
to 'heating or eating'Protest: Block Westminster Bridge | Assemble: Tuesday
5 November 6pm, Jubilee Gardens, SE1
Invite your friends and share on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/events/210482052457970/?fref=ts>

As part of the People's Assembly national day of action we will be marching
to Westminster Bridge (assembling 6pm at Jubilee Gardens) in protest at
rising energy bills, ever-falling living standards, and the attack on
services ranging from the NHS to support for disabled people.

*Bring your bills for the Bonfire*
We are encouraging people to bring their energy bills which we will burn on
the bonfire to keep warm - because we can't afford to heat our homes
anymore. We are also organising music, comedy and speeches from leading
campaigners and artists.

Nationally, events will range from sit-down protests in public spaces to
sit-ins at banks and exploitative payday lenders to roadblocks and banner
drops. See a full list of actions here<http://thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/5nov/>
.

Organised by the People's Assembly Against Austerity
office at thepeoplesassembly.org.uk | www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk

Other London actions:

*Barnet* – Assemble at 6pm outside Hendon Town Hall, the Burroughs, NW4
4BG, seehere<http://barnetalliance.org/2013/10/08/bonfire-against-privatisation-austerity/>
for
more details

*Brent -* No Council Tax Benefit cuts - Protest: 9AM  Tuesday 5th November,
Brent Magistrates Court. More
info<https://www.facebook.com/events/440470379398353/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming>

*London South* *East* – Contact peoplesselondon at gmail.com / text
07806545279 /www.carnivalagainstcuts.org.uk /
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/SouthEastLondonPeoplesAssembly?ref=ts&fref=ts>
10AM – Deptford High Street / New Cross Road  - An action against poverty,
led by the local Foodbank
1:30PM – Deptford Lounge public square – A performance against austerity
politics
4:30PM – Catford Town Hall to Lewisham High Street – A procession against
austerity, the bedroom tax and local cuts. Finishing with: 6PM – The grassy
Knoll, opposite Lewisham DLR – Bonfire of Cuts with music, speakers and
effigies