[Diggers350] Fwd: Co-op

greenwomble greenwomble at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:33:02 GMT 2013

The Coop bank was a one member Ltd Company.

It had to be a Ltd Company to be able to act as a bank.

The one member that owned it was the Cooperative Industrial and
Provident Societies.

Can't remember which, I think it's all a conglomeration of the
wholesale society the funeral the insurance and the shops etc

So it's a one member one shareholder Company that's now had to include
other shareholders.

Basically,  It's finished

So what,  It's just a vehicle company for the Ips conglomerate which
has a history and only a history of designing the first legal
structure that was taken up and copied by other cooperatives that came
after (there had been many prior to them)

However getting back to the Coop Bank. It has the knowledge and the
expertise to restart.

A similarly structured savings bank tomorrow.

Could be called Bank Coop.

And just tell the existing investors to shift their money across.

There is certainly a market for what's called ethical investing and
the one that will get the most business will be the one which is the
most ethical.

Frank

--
  It's a revolution. But, it's more of an evolution that no one will
notice. It might get a little shadier, or brighter. Buildings might