Challenging Sainsbury's & Bristol Rovers' planning scam

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sun Oct 6 23:20:43 BST 2013

>Subject: Sainsbury's Horfield Judicial Review Fundraising - Please Donate!
>From: Ras Horfield <rashorfield at gmail.com>
>

>Dear Supporters
>
>Many of you will now be aware that Traders and
>Residents Against Sainsbury's Horfield (TRASH)
>have taken the serious step of pursuing a
>Judicial Review of the planning process
>undertaken by Bristol City Council when it
>approved the application by Sainsbury's to build
>the largest supermarket in North Bristol on the
>Memorial Ground in Horfield, BS7.
>
>Our local community said NO to this development
>and yet a determined campaign, 6550 signatures
>against and 1000 well advised objections did not
>persuade Bristol City Council to listen.  It
>wasn't just local residents and traders that
>were ignored, so too were our ward councillors
>who repeatedly warned about the impacts of the
>development, NHS Public Health Bristol who wrote
>a damning report and furthermore the Council
>even appeared to discount the advice of their
>own Economy Enterprise and Inclusion team, their
>highways officers and their independent retail
>impact advisors in favour of representations from Sainsbury's consultants.
>
>The Judicial Review is our only option to
>challenge this decision. We do not have the
>benefit of a right of appeal, and the Judicial
>Review cannot look at the merits of what many
>believe is a 'poor' or 'rogue'
>decision.  Instead a Judicial Review seeks to
>establish whether the Council acted 'unlawfully' in arriving at its decision.
>
>In February 2013 TRASH instructed expert
>planning and environmental lawyers to examine
>this case and we are advised that there are 3
>good grounds upon which to base our claim
>(please refer to our website for further
>explanation of these grounds -
><http://TRASHorfield.wordpress.com>TRASHorfield.wordpress.com)
>
>Our claim has now been served upon Bristol City
>Council and submitted to the High Court for
>consideration and we await the view of a Judge
>as to whether we can pursue the claim to a full
>substantive hearing stage.  The immediate group
>have raised considerable costs so far to pay for
>initial legal advice and campaign literature,
>but we must now turn to the wider community for
>further financial support for both our own
>continuing costs in pursuing this matter and
>also in order to satisfy the courts that we have
>enough security to pursue the claim should we
>lose and be required to pay Bristol City
>Council's costs in defending.  Bristol City
>Council have insisted upon a substantial
>Protective Costs Order (PCO) of £10,000. In
>addition we hope to more than double this figure to cover our own costs.
>
>Some of you may already have received our
>leaflet detailing ways in which you can donate
>to the Judicial Review Fund, for those who have
>not yet received their leaflet you can donate in the following ways:
>
>    * By Paypal and debit/credit cards at
> website:  <http://TRASHorfield.wordpress.com>TRASHorfield.wordpress.com
> [...]

+44 (0)7786 952037
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.dialectradio.co.uk
Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org