Upcoming Feast - A Harvest of Stories

Adam AdamPayne_5 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:04:15 BST 2014

Dear friends,

 To celebrate world food sovereignty day, urban food fortnight and the turning of the  seasons Organiclea invite you to a special feast - The Harvest of Stories - which will be held at our market garden, the Hawkwood Community Plant Nursery, on Saturday the 20th September.

 We will all share a 4 course meal of our own organic produce at a long table in the glasshouse. The menu will be composed of plants that carry within them deep cultural connections and powerful stories of labour and love, creativity and resistance, passion and loss.

   Throughout the meal these stories will be drawn out from the dishes and woven into the conversations around the table.

   Expect delicious vegan food cooked by Norman Loves Soup alongside weird and wonderful stories and good company.

 Arrive 6:30 for 7. Tickets are £20 or £15 concessions. We are restricted to 40 places so please RSPV soon to adam at organiclea.org.uk to book your place and arrange payment.

 There will be a bar. Dress code is “Peasant Chic”.

 At Hawkwood Plant Nursey, 115 Hawkwood Crescent, Chingford, E4 7UH

 Hope to see you there,

 With cheer,

   Adam

   Organiclea Community Growers

'A workers' cooperative growing food on London's edge'

www.organiclea.org.uk

020 8524 4994 (Hawkwood Plant Nursery site)

GROWING SITE: Hawkwood Plant Nursery, Chingford E4 7UH [Open workdays:

Tuesdays, Thursday afternoons, Fridays and last Sunday of the month.]

Support local food production, get skilled and receive food growing

advice, training and project support.

DISTRIBUTION HUB: Hornbeam Centre, 458 Hoe Street. E17 9AH tel: 020 8558 6880

Join our mid-week box scheme & visit our Saturday market stall here, 10-3

You received this email as you have signed up to the Community Food Growers Network mailing list either online or at one of our events/stalls. We never add email addresses to this list unless requested.

All messages sent to this list are moderated so if you have received an email it is because we think it is of interested to people involved in community food growing.

**If you want to send a message around the list please email communityfoodgrowers at lists.riseup.net.

Best wishes

Robin (robingrey at riseup.net)
Acting Secretary