Somerset Levels no dredge toad pontificates from afar - or trust local community?

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 17:46:00 GMT 2014

Having spoken to locals I'm quite clear.
Over decades silt builds up and up and up so
trees start growing several yards out from the banks - locals have pix
Volume of water escaping to the sea for the 12
hours every day around low tides is up between 3
and 4 times with dredging. much greater cross
section = much greater water flowing out.
Nobody seems to have picked up on the glaring
fact that the Environmnet Agency sluice is CLOSED
when it should be open - broken - stuck - nobody seems to know.
Did anybody here have a look at the video I shot?
Rather too easy to have a Chris Smith style view from afar.

I do wonder what land rghts activists are up to saying anything other than
Let the people who live there, only a few of
which are farmers of course, manage the levels flood budget however they want.

At 00:13 02/02/2014, david bangs wrote:

>I think George M, Simon F, and Rob's
>contributions have been good and convincing.
>
>Just to say...a very large proportion of the
>Somerset Levels (the southern moors like West
>Sedgemoor, Kings Sedgemoor, Wet Moor etc; the
>middle moors, like Westhay and Tealham Moors
>etc) are SSSIs, and some sites are National Nature Reserves.
>
>I'm a long way away, but I don't hear enough
>defending this statutory national interest
>compared to wot I hear from reactionary MPs, Owen Paterson, and farmers.
>
>There's a good article on the attempts to
>staunch the steep decline of breeding waders on
>the Levels in the latest 'British Wildlife'
>(ironically titled 'Farewell to the Silver
>Meadows ?' Vol 25, Dec 2013, pages 77 - 84), in
>which it's made clear that much of the critical
>wildlife interest has shrunk back to the
>conservation-owned nature reserves, DESPITE the
>statutory protection of so much of the wider Levels.
>
>Many folk will remember the appalling
>farmer-conservationist clashes of thirty plus
>years ago over drainage in the Levels, after
>which which some amelioration of the worst
>farmer / drainage board practices was made.
>
>It's not just changes in upstream farming that
>need to take place (as all three above have suggested).
>
>I, for one, can't take the prescriptions of
>angry Levels farmers seriously (dredge and
>dredge) when its impossible to separate their
>contributions from the feeling that their own
>farming practices are damaging and anti-social,
>
>Dave Bangs

Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6