Historic Occupy Wall Street Farmers March

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 12:55:38 GMT 2014

The story of the historic Occupy Wall Street Farmers March.
On December 4, 2011, farmers and activists from
across the country joined the Occupy Wall Street
Farmers March for "a celebration of community
power to regain control over the most basic
element to human well-being: food." The Farmers
March began at La Plaza Cultural Community
Gardens where urban and rural farmers addressed
an excited crowd about the growing problems in
our industrial food system and the promise
offered by solutions based in organic,
sustainable and community based food and
agricultural production. This was followed by a 3
mile march from the East Village to Zuccotti
Park, the birthplace of the Occupy Wall Street movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsNUqK6saMU

We would like to thank Occupy Wall Street, the
OWS food justice working group and all the
farmers and citizens, urban and rural that participated in the day's events.
Produced by Food Democracy Now!
Directed by Anthony Lappé, INVISIBLE HAND
In association with No Umbrella Media
DP (NY): Dave Ambrose
Additional footage courtesy of Pull-Start Pictures
Music by Libby Kirkpatrick with Daron Murphy
InvisibleHandMedia.net