The Economic Case For Universal Basic Income

chris morton crisscross at evendine.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 08:02:20 GMT 2014

We have been brainwashed into such an obsessive pre-occupation with work (by definition in an enterprise that makes a profit) that we don't seem to see that universal income is essential to serious reduction of energy use. Half of the massaged work created is not only using energy unecessarily, but also totally soul-less and often demeaning. After a week or two of doing nothing, most people would be bored to death and start doing the creative and ecological things they want to do.

Personally I would advocate that the income is distributed in energy units (available clean energy shared fairly) and after a further decade money would be obsolete too