BBC's Huw Edwards employs trick to avoid contact

Alison Banville alisonbanville at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 07:04:05 BST 2014

http://members5.boardhost.com/medialens/msg/1406025023.html

Scroll down for email exchange between Huw and Media Lens's David Cromwell:

The day Huw Edwards responded to a Media Lens
email
Posted by The Editors on July 22,
2014, 11:30 am Note that
Huw Edwards is one of those BBC journos who shy away from the public with a wee
tweak to the standard BBC email format of:

firstname.lastname at bbc.co.uk

to:

firstname.lastname.01 at bbc.co.uk

This is a trick that was famously deployed by Helen 'The Hidden' Boaden
when Head of BBC News. She had the audacity to boast about it too:

http://www.medialens.org/index.php/alerts/alert-archive/2010/9-bbc-bin-and-bypass-complaints.html