World food day action: food sovereignty football

Adam AdamPayne_5 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:19:32 BST 2014

On world food
day, the Landworkers’ Alliance
is bringing people together for a public protest. We want you to come along and get involved.

What: The un-level
playing field between corporate and sustainable agriculture in the UK is largely
the result of DEFRA policies that favor the biggest players. DEFRA have just
stripped farmers with less than 5ha of land of their entitlements to financial
support while refusing to limit payments to the biggest landowners.

To expose this unjust state of affairs, the Landworkers Alliance will be
hosting this hilarious public stunt in which  Family Farmers United
take on Agri-Business FC and DEFRA, the bias ref, reveals its allegiance.

When:

Thursday 16th
of October. Meet at 1:00pm

Where:

St. James Park. We’ll meet in the North East corner of the

park, just off The Mall (Nearest station Charing Cross).
Then head off to a secret but high profile location.

If you’re a
farmer, food sovereignty campaigner, or food lover get your boots on, come
along and get involved. Everyone is welcome to take part and we need as many
people as possible to make this an action our government cannot ignore.

To get
involved:

Humphrey
Lloyd - 07702810555 - humphreylloyd at hotmail.co.uk