Fri28Aug-Wed02Sept - N WALES - RTF Intl Gathering

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Thu Aug 20 12:36:17 BST 2015

Reclaim the Fields International Action Camp 2015
http://www.reclaimthefields.org.uk/reclaim-the-fields-international-action-camp-2015/
About the camp

Reclaim the Fields (or RTF) UK was born in 2011,
as a star in a wider constellation of food and
land struggles that reaches around the globe.
Since 2011, camps and other RTF gatherings have
helped support local communities in struggle,
share skills, developed networks, and
strengthened the resistance to exploitation, in
Bristol, west London, Gloucestershire, Nottingham
and Fife among other locations.

Every two years there is also an international
camp, where people from around Europe and beyond
meet together to support a local struggle (from
gold mining in Romania to open cast coal mining
in Germany, for example). People share share
stories and ideas about resistance and reclaiming
our food system beyond national borders. This
year, an international gathering will be held in in Wrexham, Wales.

The aims of the camp are:
To support local communities in the west and
north west of England, and the north of Wales
with their struggles against fracking
To increase participation in Reclaim the Fields
To demonstrate visible, active opposition to prison construction
To support Borras Community Protection Camp build
a garden and infrastructure to become more self-reliant
To demonstrate the interconnection between these struggles
To inspire and radicalise everyone involved

What’s taking place?
Actions – demonstrations & actions against
companies involved in the construction of the
North Wales prison, as well as local
fracking-related targets. Everything from
solidarity demos at local prisons to leafleting on Wrexham highstreet.
Workshops & Skillshares – Over the bank holiday
weekend there will be abundant opportunities to
learn, share, discuss and connect with other people.
  Building & Growing on the site – Be part of
installing gardens & low impact infrastructure at
the community protection camp. Learn about
permaculture, agroecology, forest gardening,
mushroom growing, pallet construction, compost
toilet making, off-grid electrics and more.
Why this camp? Why now?
This camp has been organised to support the local
community in Borras to resist fracking in their
area (as well as working with other local
anti-fracking groups & protection camps in the
North West who have been resisting extreme energy
developments for a number of years). To find out
more about their struggle visit: http://www.frackfreewrexham.org.uk/the-camp/
It has also been organised to give attention to
the North Wales Prison Project that is being
constructed. This will be Europe’s second largest
prison holding 2100 prisoners and the first of a
number of ‘mega prisons’ that the UK Government
wish to build. Click here for more information
about the prison, why we are against it & links
to articles about the prison industrial complex in the UK
Practical Information about the Camp

Click on the links below to find more practical
information about the camp and how to get involved:
Workshops & programme – what’s happening & how to contribute
Planning Actions
Directions & public transport information
What to bring
Safer Spaces Agreement
Accessibility of the site
Food & donations
Getting involved

This is a DIY camp and everyone is needed to get
stuck in to make it happen. People are needed to:
Support with publicity before the event – sharing
the gathering online, putting posters up,
encouraging your local group to get involved.
People are also needed to help design the
programme, respond to emails & plan facilitation.
Helping with site set up & building
infrastructure (planning this in advance & being
on site a few days before the gathering)
Signing up to a shift over the weekend to help
with cooking, site set up & safety, being on the welcome tent & so forth
Supporting local groups to organise actions

If you can help with any of these tasks please
email info at reclaimthefields.noflag.org.uk
Who are Reclaim the Fields?
Click here to read a history of Reclaim the Fields in Europe
Click here to read a history of Reclaim the Fields in the UK

We are a group of peasants, landless and
prospective peasants, as well as people who are
taking back control over food production.

We understand “peasants” as people who produce
food on a small scale, for themselves or for the
community, possibly selling a part of it. This
also includes agricultural workers.

We support and encourage people to stay on the
land and go back to the countryside. We promote
food sovereignty (as defined in the Nyéléni
declaration) and peasant agriculture,
particularly among young people and urban
dwellers, as well as alternative ways of life. In
Europe, the concept ‘food sovereignty’ is not
very common and could be clarified with ideas
such as ‘food autonomy’ and control over food
systems by inclusive communities, not only
nations or states. We are determined to create
alternatives to capitalism through cooperative,
collective, autonomous, real-needs-oriented,
small-scale production and initiatives. We are
putting theory into practice and linking local
practical action with global political struggles.

In order to achieve this, we participate in local
actions through activist groups and cooperate
with existing initiatives. This is why we choose
not to be a homogeneous group, but to open up to
the diversity of actors fighting the capitalist
food production model. We address the issues of
access to land, collective farming, seed rights
and seed exchange. We strengthen the impact of
our work through cooperation with activists who
focus on different tasks but who share the same vision.

Nevertheless, our openness has some limits. We
are determined to take back control over our
lives and refuse any form of authoritarianism and
hierarchy. We respect nature and living beings,
but will neither accept nor tolerate any form of
discrimination, be it based on race, religion,
gender, nationality, sexual orientation or social
status. We refuse and will actively oppose every
form of exploitation of other people. With the
same force and energy, we act with kindness and
conviviality, making solidarity a concrete practice of our daily life.

We support the struggles and visions of la Via
Campesina, and work to strengthen them. We wish
to share the knowledge and the experience from
years of struggle and peasant life and enrich it
with the perspectives and strength of those of us
who are not peasants, or not yet peasants. We all
suffer the consequences of the same policies, and
are all part of the same fight.
Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6