Buildings in Aylesbury Estate, Southwark occupied

Ram Selva seeds at snail.org.uk
Mon Feb 2 13:11:14 GMT 2015

Please support this campaign:

https://fightfortheaylesbury.wordpress.com/

Fight for the Aylesbury

     About
     Links
     Wishlist

February 1, 2015
Statement from the Aylesbury Estate occupation

Since the “March for Homes” demo on 31st January, we have re-opened and
occupied a part of the Aylesbury Estate in Southwark, South London.

We are tenants, squatters, and other people who care about how our city
is being grabbed by the rich, by developers and corrupt politicians,
socially cleansed and sold off for profit.

The Aylesbury Estate is where Tony Blair made his first speech as Prime
Minister in 1997, making empty promises about social housing. Since
then, for the past 18 years, Southwark Council and their developer
friends [...]