Sat17Mar LONDON rally & National Homes for Britain campaign

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 23:10:23 GMT 2015

Homes for Britain
http://homesforbritain.org.uk/about-us/

Our campaign brings together all those who
believe everyone has a right to a decent
affordable home to call their own. Our support
comes from people across the country and we’ve
joined forces with organisations from every corner of the housing world.
Why are we doing this?

For decades we have failed to build enough new
homes. We are currently only building half the
number we need every year. The statistics are
concerning but behind them are those stories that
have become the fabric of modern British life. We all know them.

Many of us can’t start a family because we can’t afford to move.
Many adults still live with parents, our first home still a distant dream.
Many of us live in overcrowded homes, struggle to
afford to keep a roof over our heads, or even become homeless.

The housing crisis is affecting people from all
walks of life and all parts of the country.
Why now?

The time has come to end the housing crisis. For
the sake of the next generation we must act now.

The General Election 2015 offers that opportunity
to show politicians that the public want to see
solutions to build the homes we need and take
action until everyone has a decent affordable home.
What are we asking for?

We are calling on all political parties to commit
to end the housing crisis within a generation.

This will require real action that starts now and
doesn’t stop until everyone has a decent affordable home to call their own.

We want the next government to publish a
long-term plan for housing within a year of
taking office that sets out how they will end the
housing crisis within a generation.

So we’ll speak with one voice.

We’ll demand our politicians ensure we’re
building the homes we need to end the housing crisis.

We’ll tell them that we expect them continue to
take action until everyone has a decent affordable home.
Our supporters?

As well as the support of people across the
country the Homes for Britain campaign brings
together organisations from every corner of the housing world.

It is led by eight organisations:
National Housing Federation
Chartered Institute of Housing
Crisis
Home Builders Federation
National House Building Council
Royal Institute of British Architects
Residential Landlords Association
Royal Town Planning Institute

Hundreds of other housing organisations are
actively involved in the campaign. These include
everyone from Shelter and Generation Rent to the
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and Town
and Country Planning Association.

The housing crisis can be solved, we just need leadership
http://homesforbritain.org.uk/housing-crisis-can-solved-just-need-leadership/

“I often joke that since buying property is so
far out of my reach I’m actually quite lucky.
I’ve been spared the agony of it all, from the
harsh realisation of what your average industry
wages can afford you, to the powerlessness of not
knowing how to improve your lot. That said, media
headlines warning of property bubbles and
phenomenal prices for a windowless, shoebox on
the side of a roundabout do remind me of the
situation very often. It’s my friends who I feel
sorry for; mainly the couples looking to make the
move to settle down and scrambling desperately to
‘get on the ladder’ and build their lives here.

“I think given the spiralling state of the
situation here in London it is virtually
impossible for a single person to attempt to buy
anywhere on their own and do so without some
financial backing (whether that’s help from
parents or selling a kidney). I wouldn’t even
know where to begin to try to make it a
possibility in the immediate future. Housing is
one of the biggest problem this capital faces;
not only is it detrimental to its future, but
also to the potential of its community as people
get squeezed out. London is not just an economic
hub for a myriad of industries, it is an
incredible city where a whole mix of people live
together – it has something for everyone and it should stay that way.

“There are solutions available – whether that’s
sensible, environmentally sound, affordable house
building initiatives, or straight-forward rent
capping/monitoring systems – but I think we’re
suffering a distinct lack of leadership and
ultimately compassion from those who are paid to deal with this.”

Written by Kasia Murphy | Posted on 6th February 2015

Kasia is 27, works in PR and lives in London in a house share with friends
Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6