Sat11Apr LONDON Radical Science and Alternative Technology: Frm 70s to the Present

Tony Gosling tony at cultureshop.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 01:33:12 GMT 2015

>Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:02:27 +0000
>From: Ned Ludd <luddites200 at btconnect.com>
>

>1. Radical Science and Alternative Technology: From the 70s to the Present.
>2. 28th/29th March. Women’s Gathering on
>gender and the politics of technology, focusing on reproductive technologies
>

>1. Radical Science and Alternative Technology: From the 70s to the Present.
>
>April 11th, 1pm to 5.30pm, Feminist Library, 5
>Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7XW. Free.
>
>In our highly technological industrial society,
>key issues hinge on the politics of science and
>technology. In the 1970s and 80s the British
>Society for Social Responsibility in Science and
>the alternative technology movement campaigned
>against harmful corporate and military uses of
>technology, for 'appropriate technology' and for
>'science for the people.' These perspectives are
>critically needed in the current environmental
>crisis, whilst surveillance, automation and
>workplace hazards continue to be major issues.
>
>Speakers:
>    * Introductions: Hilary and Steven Rose
> (BSSRS), Peter Harper (Centre for Alternative
> Technology), David King (Breaking the Frame)
>    * Energy/food politics: Les Levidow (BSSRS),
> Helena Paul (Econexus), speaker from Anti-Fracking Movement
>    * Social control/surveillance: Jonathan
> Rosenhead (BSSRS), Jim Killock (Open Rights Group)
>    * Work hazards: Sue Barlow (BSSRS, women and
> work hazards group), Eve Barker (Hazards Magazine), tbc
>
>For more information contact
><mailto:luddites200 at yahoo.co.uk>luddites200 at yahoo.co.uk
>or visit <http://www.breakingtheframe.org.uk>www.breakingtheframe.org.uk
>
>2. Women’s Gathering on gender and the
>politics of technology, focusing on reproductive technologies,Â
>
>6pm March 28th – 4pm March 29th 2015, London.
>The Feminist Library meeting room, 5 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7XW.
>
>At the first Breaking the Frame gathering in
>2014, women started developing a feminist
>analysis of the intersection between gender and
>the politics of technology and how it impacts on
>all aspects of our lives, e.g. in food
>production, work, surveillance, digital technology, and health.
>
>At this event we will continue that process,
>focusing on reproductive technologies. Public
>debate in this area has mainly been framed as
>science versus religious reaction, which tends
>to ignore any feminist analysis. We shall be
>asking: are these technologies of benefit to
>women, and if so, which women, or do they risk
>our health and integrate our bodies further into
>the patriarchal capitalist system?
>
>Join us to explore the issues with an outstanding set of speakers:
>
>►Jalna Hanmer and Stevienna de Saille on a
>radical feminist analysis of reproductive technologies
>►Rahila Gupta on sex selection and abortion
>►Donna Dickenson and Carolin Shurr on international and commercial surrogacy
>►Miriam Zoll on the impact of IVF on women
> [...]

Twitter: @TonyGosling http://twitter.com/tonygosling
http://rt.com/op-edge/authors/tony-gosling/
http://groups.google.com/group/uk-911-truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicEnquiry
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.l911t.com
www.v911t.org

www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.globalresearch.ca
www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1407615751783.2051663.1274106225&l=90330c0ba5&type=1

"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic
poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung

Fear not therefore: for there is nothing covered
that shall not be revealed; and nothing hid that
shall not be made known. What I tell you in
darkness, that speak ye in the light and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:26-27

Die Pride and Envie; Flesh, take the poor's advice.
Covetousnesse be gon: Come, Truth and Love arise.
Patience take the Crown; throw Anger out of dores:
Cast out Hypocrisie and Lust, which follows whores:
Then England sit in rest; Thy sorrows will have end;
Thy Sons will live in peace, and each will be a friend.
http://tinyurl.com/6ct7zh6