Chaos looms as party leaders seek coalition deals: Better democracy needed!

MM mm at iniref.org
Mon May 4 16:57:11 BST 2015

Experts predict
"Currently there is about a 90% chance of a hung parliament in 2015" (1)

"Election 2015: Chaos looms as party leaders seek coalition deals" (2)

We risk that "no one could form a sustainable government and we could be
in for a second election in the autumn" in which case "the markets will
get the jitters and the fragile economic recovery could well be
threatened" (3)

INIREF WRITES:
Do we not face ENOUGH uncertainty when we permit ourselves a weak
democracy in which we can only "best or worst guess" whom to vote for
once every five years?

Surely we, the people, should be able to guide, check and balance our
politicians and government and local councils in the periods BETWEEN
elections!

Help us to campaign for better democracy.

INIREF proposes that there should be a new Democracy Bill in Parliament
to introduce genuine and effective public participation in our own
government. See more about this at
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/democracy-forum/conversations/messages/505
Persuade your future MP to support direct democracy: see UK general
election tactics http://www.iniref.org/carta.htm

Campaign for direct democracy in Britain
Citizens' Initiative and Referendum I&R ~ GB
http://www.iniref.org/ Link to site index