'Credo': economics is a belief system - and we are ruled by fundamentalists

Paul Mobbs mobbsey at gn.apc.org
Sat Nov 7 16:26:41 GMT 2015

<http://bit.ly/20AGb1v> 'Credo': economics is a belief system - and we are ruled by fundamentalists Paul Mobbs, The Ecologist, 6th November 2015 Economics is much more than the study of money, writes Paul Mobbs. It is a belief system, and in its 'mainstream' incarnation, one that serves a very useful purpose - for those that reap the benefits. But as Brian Davey shows in his insightful new book, it's letting the rest of us down: failing to deliver human wellbeing, while driving ecological calamity. <snip> The book: 'Credo: Economic Beliefs in a World in Crisis' is written by Brian Davey and published by Feasta, 2015. ISBN 9780-9540-5103-7. £20. For a fully referenced version of this article see -- <http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/musings/2015/20151103-credo_review.html> --

--
How can the entire professional and academic schools of Economics be so utterly wrong?
A delightful 25 minutes with Kingston University Professor, author of Debunking Economics, Steve Keen

"We are not for names, nor men, nor titles of Government, nor are we for this party nor against the other but we are for justice and mercy and truth and peace and true freedom, that these may be exalted in our nation, and that goodness, righteousness, meekness, temperance, peace and unity with God, and with one another, that these things may abound." (Edward Burrough, 1659 - from 'Quaker Faith and Practice') Paul Mobbs, Mobbs' Environmental Investigations 3 Grosvenor Road, Banbury OX16 5HN, England tel./fax (+44/0)1295 261864 email -- mobbsey at gn.apc.org website -- http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/index.shtml public key -- http://www.fraw.org.uk/mei/public_key_2015.asc Not sent from my mobile device -- I don't have one! ;-)