Saturday: Stop evictions - solidarity in London

Zardoz Greek zardos777 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 21:10:53 BST 2015

To mark the second anniversary of Focus E15 campaign we are organising a march in Newham against evictions and for decent housing for all.

https://www.facebook.com/events/463931240434645/

Please contact us if your group is coming to the march and can help spread the word across your networks and if you want to see your campaign or group added to the active supporters list which is at the bottom of this page.

Get Angry! Get Active! Get Involved!
Across the country, the eviction rate has never been so high with 126 families being evicted every day. The housing crisis is escalating and none of the major political parties are offering convincing solutions.

Make it noisy. Bring your pots,pans and instruments!

Newham Council is led by Labour Mayor Robin Wales, an unashamed advocate of gentrification, supporter of sanctioning and kicking out the poor and most vulnerable.

Under his rule, 400 homes on the Carpenters Estate remain empty while homeless people, whom the council has a statutory duty to house, are forced to move out of London.

On the second anniversary of the Focus E15 Campaign, we will be marching for these issues.

All welcome. Bring friends, colleagues and family - let’s make our voices heard! Homes for people not investors! Repopulate the Carpenters Estate!

Nearest tube: Stratford Stn/Stratford Int.
Buses: 25, 86, 69, 104, 262, 238

The march is being supported by other groups and campaigns including:
Boleyn Dev 100, Revolutionary Communist Group, Newham Monitoring Project, Action East End, Streets Kitchen, Reclaim Hackney, Reclaim Tower Hamlets, Eviction Resistance Network, Left Unity, People Before Profit, Lewisham Housing Action Group, Grenfell Action Group, South Essex Heckler, Basildon and Southend Housing Action, National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts, Clapton Ultras, (London) Radical Assembly, Disabled People Against Cuts, Movement for Justice, Freedom Without Fear Platform, The Trewps, United Voices of the World, Brick Lane Debates, Architects for Social Housing (ASH) Fuel Poverty Action, Camden Resists, Digs, The Fourth Wave: London Feminist Activists, Housing Action Southwark & Lambeth, National Bargee Traveller's Association, Sweets Way Resists, Advisory Service for Squatters (ASS), Our West Hendon, Newham Peoples Alliance, Anarchist Federation, Friends of the Joiners Arms, 999 Call For NHS, Class War, Tower Hamlets Green Party, Radical
 Housing Network, Sisters Uncut, Feminist Fightback, Friends of Queens Market
View Pinned Post